I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

marriedalready69 :  $400 vs Mona $600 and cherry hasn’t responded yet.. but i’d Imagine around the same.

my only problem is the money is in USD in my PayPal and Provence doesn’t want to use PayPal and with fees getting the money into my bank account in AUD I lose a chunk which is poop so i’m Not keen to do that. 

Might have to see if they work a solution but $200 USD is huge in AUD so perhaps still worth transferring out of PayPal. I’ll Have to check the fees. 

Post # 6
69 posts
Worker bee

somethingabitdifferent :  provence quotes cheaper because they use less gold than the other companies. The rings I’ve seen from them have been “featherweight” or fairly light which is fine for a rhr but probably not good for every day wear. 

Post # 6
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

bdare16 :  You’re right. If you specify to Provence the dimensions of the band you want, the prices may not be any cheaper than SG or Tianyu. I was really hoping provence was a lot cheaper but they were more expensive than SG on a ring idea I had last night. I wonder if I didn’t specify the band how much cheaper the quote would have been? Hm…

Post # 6
63 posts
Worker bee

My cheap Indian eBay moissanites are here!! I’m very happy with them. 

The smaller one was advertised as being dark peacock blue green. It’s lighter than the picture shows, kind of a bright tropical medium blue-green. Super pretty!

The bigger one was advertised as black-blue but I’d say it’s more of a dark green-blue. 

Both of them just have every color of the rainbow everywhere you look. They’re amazing!! If this is what moissanite is like, I’m SOLD. I did wash them with some dish soap before I took these pictures. That definitely improved the appearance. I have one more on the way that was described as a Forever Classic. I’m not sure I believe that but it was cheap so I decided to see what I get.

Post # 6
1328 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2005 - A Castle

marriedalready69 :  I now have a million stones saved from that site. I love it!!!

Post # 6
1287 posts
Bumble bee

birefringence :  wow, those stones are so pretty!!!  I really love the greenish one. What are you thinking of doing with them?

marriedalready69 :  *drool*

Post # 6
69 posts
Worker bee

https://vimeo.com/333495740

Mona finished my ring. It was inspired by the Rachel ring but modified to be a cathedral setting. If anyone was wondering about ordering from her, the ACC is definitely as nice as what Starsgem can cut. 

Post # 6
63 posts
Worker bee

hm2012 :  Thank you! I’m completely dazzled by the fire. I don’t have any concrete plans but I think I might order a cheap setting so I can wear at least one of them. They’re too pretty to live in my bathroom drawer. Besides I want to see how I feel about wearing a disco ball all the time because I’m very doing a lot of research into different moissanites for my future engagement ring. I think it’s beautiful but it’s also extremely eye catching and I’m not sure if I want my ring to draw THAT much attention to itself.

I got a much better picture of the greener one just now. I love it!

Post # 6
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

marriedalready69 :  I pulled the trigger with Provance last night — apprehensive but excited. I gave the stuller dimensions of the ring I wanted to all 3 vendors and Mona came in most expensive followed by cherry at SG then Provance. So I took a chance. 

I’ll post CADS when they come in. 

Post # 6
1287 posts
Bumble bee

somethingabitdifferent :  Awesome! Can’t wait to see. I’ve been trying to order a ring with them. Flora seems really nice

I didn’t realize there are so many extra fees to ship to Canada!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors