I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

birefringence :  LOVE the color on those, what seller did you buy from?

Post # 6
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

Wait,.. ok, wow. Just stumbling onto this thread – someone please do a breakdown of rings 101 for me, and tell me what you do once you have a stone and you find the setting, do you then just take it to any jeweler to have it set, or do you send the stone when you purchase the setting?

beatiful rings ! 

Post # 6
37 posts
Newbee

marriedalready69 :  Gorg! I love moody moissanite. I much prefer lively, moody, warm stones vs white ones. πŸ™‚ And emerald cuts are divine.

Post # 6
37 posts
Newbee

ahsoka :  Get a beverage and get comfy. You’re in for a lot of reading… But so worth it!

Post # 6
37 posts
Newbee

marriedalready69 :  I was just peeping (thanks for posting the link) at the Etsy shop and I find his prices for silver to be expensive. Maybe just me? 

Post # 6
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

marriedalready69 :  hahaha. Ok- I was being lazy πŸ˜‰  but that didn’t stop me from hopping over to eBay and bidding on a few. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee

I have been lurking on this thread for months and in March I finally pulled the trigger and ordered from Mona. I want to thank all of you for the information you are all posted because it really helped. Mona was amazing to work with and her English is great! My ring is a solitaire 18k rose gold with hidden halo on a size 7 finger, the stone is 8.5×5.5 crushed ice. Her crushed ice is one of the best I’ve seen, there is no bow tie and the sparkle is insane. (The wedding band is a cheap $25 stand in from amazon until I get my diamond wedding band in the mail)

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee

Here is another pic in different lighting 

Post # 6
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

ahsoka :  Yes, if you already have a stone and a setting, bring it to a local jeweler, and they will set it for you.  Bring it to someone you trust and who gives you good vibes!

Post # 6
62 posts
Worker bee

ahsoka :  Be really careful which eBay seller you choose. Read the most recent few pages of this thread at least. One seller advertised free shipping and then invoiced me $10. When I didn’t pay, they invoiced me $20!! The two sellers I was happy with are diamondtresure and jewelmart7 I believe (which are actually the same person). 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors