I bought a cheap moissanite off of Ebay [part 2]

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 6
1632 posts
Bumble bee

marriedalready69 :  Just gorgeous married!!

I miss the ‘ol thread being busy too!  I don’t purchase moissy now, as you may recall I got my dream pear diamond (totally did not expect that to happen!).  I don’t reach for my moissy’s now, sold a couple, need to sell the others too as I just don’t wear them.

Since they are engagement-ey type rings, I don’t want to wear them on my right hand.  So I’d need to reset them into RHR types.  I would probably only do that with my emerald cut but medical bills hit, so that won’t happen for a long long time.

Post # 6
1632 posts
Bumble bee

marriedalready69 :  Yes I agree about the Chinese vendors.  I don’t even know if the India vendors even have very white moissy still!

Your emerald cut is gorgeous.  Wish I could pull off more bling like so many ladies, larger rings, larger stones I mean.  I have to go with delicate, but I do pack a punch by stacking!

Post # 6
1029 posts
Bumble bee

20sparklingyears :  what did you do with the Eva Longoria ring?  That one is still in the back of my mind. I have a yellow tourmaline being cut right now. I have moved over to gemstones for the time being. I would really love to put it in a halo like the one you did. Can’t figure out if I should get some lab diamonds from Cherry or buy an antique halo with 12 OMC’s and pull it apart. The expense though….

The thread got too split up once it took off so it is harder to follow all the projects now. I guess it has taken on a life of its own but it was certainly fun in the beginning:) 

Post # 6
47 posts
Newbee

Soooo I bought a cheap moissanite on eBay from StarsGem. It was pretty cheap. Anyone have theirs tested to make sure it really is a moissanite? I think it looks pretty good, right? I don’t expect perfection for what I paid, just want it tool look sparkly and pretty. It is actually kind of hard to get a close picture of it! What do you guys think?

Post # 6
47 posts
Newbee

Thanks! I think I will get it tested, just to be sure. Starsgem is pretty popular on this site, so I’m hoping it really is a mossy.

marriedalready69 :  

Post # 6
1029 posts
Bumble bee

20sparklingyears :  ahhh…you are right! It was ‘something different’ that got that ring.  I remember now.  Have been away from this thread for too long now!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors