(Closed) I bought a cheap mossianite off of Ebay….

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
24 posts
Newbee

I got my stones in today! About a month earlier than planned. The cushion cuts aren’t the best, but the yellow stone and the asscher are absolutely stunning. πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

Post # 3
1639 posts
Bumble bee

Oh they are nice!  Whatcha’ going to do with them?

Post # 3
24 posts
Newbee

20sparklingyears :  I honestly have no idea. I bought them so I could see what moissanite looks like in real life. Now I need to think of some sort of plan. They’re currently just hanging out in my jewelry box.

Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey Bees, here’s my first ever post πŸ™‚

So my boyfriend & I have been in the talks of preparing for an engagement soon, and I’m about 99% sure he’s already bought the ring.  We’re both on the same page that I’m not sold on getting a diamond right now, and we like the idea of getting a ring for the setting & upgrading the stone in the future.  So, I was being nosy on EBay and saw these Indian moissanites, and went ahead and submitted a bid on one, not knowing that if I won that I’d have to pay up. Woops.  However, we were both surprised at how nice the stone is, especially for $15 (!) and comparing it to the C&C (which we’re leaning towards maybe down the line). 

So here’s my 7.1mm (1.24 carat) off-white yellow VVSI moissanite! It didn’t specify which letter color it actually aligns to.  I’ve set it next to sterling silver rings, and the other stone is just a cubic zirconia earring. It’s super overcast today, so you can see in the 4th pic that it definitely has a yellow tint, but inside it looks pretty white.

Post # 3
5548 posts
Bee Keeper

slpOT :  I think its really pretty.  I do like the warm tints, close to the FB’s.

Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee

So I’m updating (even though it’s been almost a year)! We FINALLY found a setting we both liked and had it custom made for the moissanite I bought on eBay for $18.50. We purchased it from Lord of Gem Rings, and received it earlier this week. WOW is it beautiful! We got it in less than 2 weeks and it took my breath away. It cost around $400 for a custom 14K rose gold ring, with diamond pave halo and diamonds around half of the ring. We took it to our locally owned jeweler for the moissanite to be set it the ring and she estimated it to be worth around $3,000 once set! She said we Way underpaid for such a beautiful ring, and I absolutely trust her because we do a lot of business with her and she has always been completely honest with us and has no reason to lie. I’ve posted a picture of the setting and will post a picture of the completed ring once my boyfriend gets it back and decides to propose (which hopefully won’t be long)! 

Post # 3
490 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Updating as well for one of the stones I got on eBay. It was the “whitest” one. I got a grey and also a green. This setting was found on eBay as well. I paid about $160 for it and it is in rose gold with some pave diamonds on the sides. It is very dainty but not flimsy. Diamonds shine, but I can tell they are not of the absolute best quality, but for the price, I think they are great. I have not gotten the moissy set yet, but will be taking it to my jeweler once I get another setting I’m waiting for that will be for the grey moissy. Very excited to see the stone permanently set into the semi mount πŸ™‚ Pics are from this morning during commute.

Post # 3
11520 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

this thread is 2 years old and has over 1500 posts. I’m going to close this now.

If someone wants to continue the conversation, a new thread can be started.

The topic ‘I bought a cheap mossianite off of Ebay….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors