- 10 years ago
- Wedding: June 2009
I am a bride on a mission for bargains. I have a relatively small wedding budget, so it is of utmost importance to me to find deals and save money where ever I can. I’m a money-saver by nature anyway, so for me, part of finding my dream wedding dress included finding it on a bargain.
The Challenge: Find a wedding dress I love for around $400 or less.
First, I went to a few different bridal boutiques to try on dresses and find out what styles I liked.
Then, I looked at dresses on ebay, but didn’t really see anything that I could fall in love with and was a little wierded out about wearing a dress that had been worn by someone else and had possibly been altered before. Plus, I’m quite tall, so I was very worried that I would get a dress that would end up being too short.
Then I hit the jackpot.
When I first checked the website out, I was definitely skeptical. It’s a site where you can buy wedding dresses direct from China at really low prices. The site can be a little confusing to navigate, but once I figured it out, I was able to look through hundreds of dresses and I never saw one that was more than $300.
I thought it was too good to be true, but decided to take a chance and order a dress from them (I also google searched reviews of the site first and found nothing but good remarks)
Here’s what happened:
1. I was able to have the dress I fell in love with custom made for my size- so Ididn’t have to worry about it being too short
2. The dress I loved didn’t have a train and I really wanted one- I e-mailed them to see if this could be done and they said yes- FOR ONLY $20 EXTRA!
3. My dress arrived at my door in less than a month after I ordered
4. It was perfect- great quality and fully lined in satin
5. I paid less than $300 for my dress, custom fit, added train, and shipping all combined.
A great deal for a bargain-hunter bride!!
Just one note- (and this did not make me any less enthusiastic about my purchase) I was a little surprised when my dress arrived in the mail. Not only because it came so quickly, but because it arrived in a large padded envelope. That’s right- an envelope. It was wrapped in protective plastic and folded inside out to protect it though. So although I was surprised, I was still very happy with this purchase!