(Closed) I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?

posted 5 years ago in November 2014
Post # 3
288 posts
Helper bee

Wow, someone getting married AFTER me! You’re the first I’ve found. I was engaged in May and will be getting married April 2014. Right off the bat I found my dress (thrifty find off of Craig’slist as I knew exactly what I wanted) and booked my photographer since I was set on her. We picked a color scheme, but after my pinterest addiction it changed. Over the summer we booked our ceremony and reception/catering sites so that we would be able to have first pick. It was so nice to be able to pick a date and not have to worry about sites being booked! Since then we’ve just been having fun. We went to a bridal show to get ideas and I picked out my centerpieces and have been collecting pieces at bargain prices when I find them. We had a coupon from the bridal show for a great deal on tuxes so we have put the payment on them, but other than that haven’t done much. Now, other than a DJ, we’re pretty much on to the little, fun things. I’ve been spending a ton of time on pinterest collecting ideas and hanging out with my bridesmaids, bouncing ideas off of them. 

Post # 5
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@MissComicBook:  Hehe, I am getting married in Nov. 2014, the 15th to be exact.  Our theme is steampunk as well.  My Dear Fiance (Dear Fiance) is really into it, and I am kind of cool with it.  Our colors are Eggplant, Forest Green, and Cream.  

I have found a dress I love, have a photographer but can’t afford a deposit yet.  We know we’re gonna get hitched at the Justice of the Peace first, then have a handfasting on 11/15/14.  

Should be lovely, but I am kind of lost on the whole planning stuff.  I don’t know where to start.  I’m excited, I never thought I’d ever get married (very overweight) but I am and it’s mind-blowing.  

Yay us!

Post # 7
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Cedars of Lebanon State Park

I too am a Nov 2014 Bride!! We set the date for 11-14-14. My bday is 10/14 and his is 01/14… and we started dating 7/11… hence the date!

Post # 8
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick's Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

November bride here! πŸ™‚ our theme is red roses and peacock feathers (colours are aqua, teal, plum, gold and emerald). We plan to marry on the 22nd of november 2014. I’ve already got my dress (couture and was on sale!) i was very lucky :D, i have a tentative booking down for our catholic basilica just awaiting on the wedding pack to do the paperwork. Also waiting on the reception information pack to arrive. I feel like i’m crazy getting organised so early lol, but i feel that i’ll be calmer later on haha.

Post # 9
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m NEY but we have a date, our 3rd anniversary on the 19th of Nov next year πŸ™‚ We also have locations too, huzzah! Considering our date’s a Wednesday I don’t envisage any problems booking things once we get engaged. We’re waiting (me not so patiently) because he’s only just finished his law degree and started his full time job πŸ™‚

Post # 10
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Oh no I killed the post! Resuscitate!!!!

Post # 11
65 posts
Worker bee

Resuscitation successful!

Engaged since September, with the wedding date set for November 7, 2014.  Colors are Plum, Burgundy and Gold with a Rustic Wine theme.

So far the venue (also the caterer), photographer and videographer have been booked.  Those were our big 3 priorities and I’m thrilled we didn’t have to worry about dates being unavailable this early in the game!

We also have flowers, stationary and ceremony/reception decor pretty much figured out.  Next up is the DJ and Officiant.  

Post # 13
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick's Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

@MissComicBook:  I’m now an august bride lol! h2b wanted to move the date, but i’ll show you a pic of my dress anyway πŸ™‚ (the dress i’m posting now is a new one, i’m getting rid of the other one because of the stigma that is attached to it.) So now my theme is Vintage with a dash of aladdin inspired items and a pinch of geek πŸ™‚

http://www.alfredangeloanz.com/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=51283c80-8222-4990-992c-7d4f403b7ee0&categoryID=5de3aeff-4913-484a-bac2-ea47b465cd0c&pg=1&colorId1=

Princess jasmine! I’ll be holding a white feather fan with peacock feathers instead of a bouquet ^^, I’m wearing a 1920s jewelled brow band with a cathedral length veil. My bridesmaids are wearing black and will be holding black feather fans with peacock feathers, they will also have peacock themed accessories and possibly purple, green, blue, or gold shoes πŸ˜€ 

Post # 15
550 posts
Busy bee

Woo!! Nov. 8th 2014. My fiance and I will both be graduating (finally) from school next Spring and the November date allowed us enough time to plan, save, and graduate!

Has anyone else had amazing finds with vendors offering AMAZING prices on venues and DJ’s? In planning a Nov. wedding, I am saving tons of money!! If you want to know the secret to wedding planning, do it in November πŸ˜‰

I have a Venue, DJ, Dress all ready to go. Family friend will do photography, my aunt makes wedding cakes…. I have amazing resources!!

Post # 16
242 posts
Helper bee

@parada:  We are getting married November 8th as well!

So far we have the church, venue, DJ, photographer and florist booked. We don’t have to deal with music selections or flowers until we get closer. But I just feel better having these things booked already. It helps knowing how much we have to pay/save.

The topic ‘I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors