(Closed) I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?

posted 7 years ago in November 2014
Post # 17
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Brokensound21:  

I agree! It feels great having those “big decisions” (dress, venue ect.) decided is a good thing πŸ™‚

Post # 19
242 posts
Helper bee

@MissComicBook:  I definitely know what you mean about having a little more money. We wanted an evening reception and an afternoon ceremony but because we are doing it on the 8th, we don’t have the extra money to do it like that – we are now having a morning ceremony and an afternoon reception. Ceremony at 10 am (we are having a full Catholic mass, so it should take an hour or a little more) Then we will do pictures and our reception starts at 1. I am thinking I might have to be up at 4am lol.

Post # 20
550 posts
Busy bee

@Brokensound21:  That time for a reception can make for a great “brunch” lunch for your guests!! Who doesn’t love brunch?

Post # 22
12 posts
Newbee

@Brokensound21:  

I’m so impressed you have so many things booked already! Where are you getting married? I’m not from Long Island but my FH is and I’m worried about the weather in November. I’m from upstate and by then everything is cold and trees are bare but he keeps telling me LI is still beautiful.

Post # 23
65 posts
Worker bee

@wearethenormal:  Depending on the location, there are a few types of vendors that can get booked early (think 1+ year ahead).  I just booked the DJ, and FH and I will be meeting with a potential officiant this weekend.  So hopefully after this weekend I’ll have all the key vendors I was concerned about being booked in advance taken care of. 

Post # 24
242 posts
Helper bee

@wearethenormal:  November on Long Island can be hit and miss. This past November was actually pretty mild. No snow and nice weather. Hopefully it will be like that next year lol. We are getting married at St. Patricks in Bay Shore. It is such a beautiful church and the reception will be at Mediterranean Manor. My Fiance lives in CT and we only see each other twice a month. He comes here one weekend and I go there one weekend – so we just wanted to get as much as we could done on weekends he was here. We looked at so many venues – MM wasn’t our first choice, it was our second choice but for our budget it works.

Post # 25
30 posts
Newbee

We’re looking at getting married in November too. We’ve agreed that November 2014 would be good for us, as we’re moving in a few months, I’m starting a new job, and my partner is starting a PhD so we want time to settle into the swing of things before organising a wedding.

We sat down and drew up an approximate guest list of 100 people although we think it’ll be closer to 85-90 on the day. All I’ve done at the minute is contact a few venues for quotes… Surprised at how expensive everything else!

Post # 26
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Historic cinema

Joining the club! 

Would love to get married November 16th this year as that’s our anniversary and it’s a Saturday but we can’t save enough in that time as we’ve only been engaged a fortnight!

So, 15th November 2014, it is πŸ™‚

We are a film obsessed couple, even live at the DVD shop that Fiance owns so we are having a classic film wedding in an 80 year old cinema!

There will also be a touch of vintage, but that’s my every day style so i don’t really count it as a theme πŸ™‚

Am just starting to plan, budget, research and get quotes so it’s all very exciting! 

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next year and a bit

xx

Post # 27
470 posts
Helper bee

I’ll join!!! We’re getting married in 1 November 2014, another Aussie here! 

Our colour is dusty blue. I suppose the wedding will be somewhat rustic, but not necessarily deliberate. 

Post # 28
101 posts
Blushing bee

I’m getting married in November too. So lovely to see all you lovely ladies here!

We’re getting married in Nov 2014 cuz we’re paying ourselves, and it’s our anniversary. We’ll have the same anniversary for dating, engagement, and wedding!

We’re getting married at the Disneyland Hotel. So venue’s booked, and we’ve decided on a photographer and videographer, but besides that, just getting insipiration.

Post # 29
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m still not engaged yet πŸ™ but we’ve made some big decisions about what we’d like: we picked our reception venue yesterday! We’d been meaning to go for ages but just never got around to it. Going on a Sat, we saw it all set up πŸ™‚

Wish he’d hurry up so I can stop feeling like a crazy lady planning things.

Re-resuscitating the thread πŸ˜‰ 

@MrsR2014@Brooke1226, @MissBettsy@pomellina@Brokensound21@GenericSpeak@wearethenormal@MissComicBook@parada@PrettyinPink45@Vivicurlina@kellysgirl111414, and @peacockrosebride

Post # 30
242 posts
Helper bee

@alsgirl:  Congrats on picking on venue! I was so happy when we crossed that one of the list πŸ™‚

Post # 31
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@Brokensound21:  It got my dad’s tick of approval too. I’m trying to get a bunch of planning out of the way now while I’m on my mid year break from uni πŸ™‚

The topic ‘I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors