(Closed) I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?

posted 7 years ago in November 2014
Post # 32
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@alsgirl:  That is how I was doing it in the beginning – we started when it was during my slow time at work. So I had a ton of time to research and what not. Now all we have to do is pay off the venue (doing it now), print up invites (next year), dresses (next January for me and March for the BMs) and a bunch of other little things but some of the main things are done with πŸ™‚

Post # 33
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@Brokensound21:  Was flicking through one of the second hand mags I bought in bulk and it got me really irritated! So poorly written, typos everywhere, proclaiming they don’t support bridezillas but the general tone has me thinking otherwise! Are there any well-written mags about? πŸ™‚

Post # 34
242 posts
Helper bee

@alsgirl:  Well, I will admit that I have yet to look at a bridal magazine or even pick one up lol. The only magazine I still read is comso lol.

Post # 35
613 posts
Busy bee

@Brokensound21:  My faith in wedding mags has been saved! One of them is like 600 pages long – haven’t spotted a single grammatical error yet, it’s clearly written and has heaps of checklists. It’s the bible of wedding planning πŸ˜›

Post # 36
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Another hopeful November 2014 bride here too!

Our 3 favourite venues are really popular and lots of the summer dates are booked up but there’s good availability in November! We’re really excited. We’re hoping for either 1, 8 or 15 November. Looking to book in 2 weeks when we visit venues!

Will keep you updated! Really excited to be sharing the wedding planning experience with you! xxx

Post # 37
242 posts
Helper bee

@alsgirl:  Congrats on the informative wedding mag! Which one is it?

@lunalyra:  Yay for another November bride! Hopefully you guys get the venue you guys want! πŸ™‚

Post # 38
613 posts
Busy bee

@Brokensound21:  It’s a really old (2011 edition) one called the Sydney Wedding – The Planning Bible. I don’t think it can be foud anywhere anymore πŸ˜›

Post # 39
367 posts
Helper bee

@Brokensound21:  Thank you! We’ve found 3 we like but think one of them might be too big for our numbers. It’s a barn too and although it is really beautiful we’re worried that it might be cold in the winter. They do have heaters though. Just waiting on the owners to let me know what its capacity is!

Of the other two, I really adore one and it would be perfect for a winter wedding but Fiance is inclined towards the other one. The good thing is we like them both on paper and we’re both going to keep an open mind until we visit. Need to see which one would suit our plans the best!

Main concern is that the venue is cosy, lovely, amd suitable for our numbers. We’re going to invite about 70 people to join us in the day and if, say, 10 can’t make it, I don’t want the venue to look empty.

Post # 40
613 posts
Busy bee

*sigh* the venue we’d like has decided their price per person is $110 for a certain package that is $89 at their other locations. They’ve also decided that their minimum for said package is 100 people!!!!!!!!!! We’re looking at having 50 people! I don’t get it…SO is a lawyer, thinking about calling them up on it because the package doesn’t mention a minimum at all and their other packages say 40 people min. Doesn’t make sense to me πŸ™

Post # 41
367 posts
Helper bee

@alsgirl:  That’s rubbish. Have you booked already?

Post # 42
613 posts
Busy bee

@lunalyra:  No, only lookig at this stage still I’m still waiting for the shiny πŸ˜‰ formal proposal is in the next 6 weeks.

I don’t understand where they get off saying “oh we’re better than the others so we’ll charge more” for a chain-standard offer!!!!!!!!!! 

Post # 43
367 posts
Helper bee

@alsgirl:  Can’t wait to hear about the proposal in a few weeks then! πŸ™‚

At least you’ve got some time to figure things out with your venue or perhaps find another one that suits.

Post # 44
242 posts
Helper bee

@alsgirl:  That doesn’t make sense – is everything the same in the package but the location? Is there something about this location that makes them charge a bit more than any of their other locations? Definitely call – it doesn’t hurt to check everything out and see what is what.

Post # 45
242 posts
Helper bee

@lunalyra:  Definitely do keep an open mind! There was one venue we loved based on pictures and prices on their site but when we went and looked – not so good. Also, like your first venue – that happened with Fiance and I – we visited a bunch and loved one but it was way too much money for us, so we picked another and it has everything we want. They are even redoing the whole outside area (Depending on weather we might be able to take pictures out there).

Post # 46
367 posts
Helper bee

@Brokensound21:  I’m really glad you found such a great venue!

We’re visiting 2 venues on 5 July and I am so excited! We had a chat about the 2 venues last night and because we will be having a winter wedding, Fiance is leaning a bit more towards my favourite! Progress!

Here, the low season is November, January, February, and March; venue hire is a bit cheaper in those months and we’re hoping to get other deals with our suppliers. Fingers crossed there’s still a Saturday in November free when we visit; they had 3 left when I e-mailed them last!

Here is the venue we really love dressed for a wedding:

I just hope it lives up to our expectations! Hopefully it’ll just be a case of looking around and confirming it’s the one for us to hold our ceremony and reception! They use 3 preferred caterers so hopefully we’ll be able to get a good price from them and have fun doing tastings too!

The topic ‘I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors