(Closed) I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?

posted 7 years ago in November 2014
Post # 47
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@lunalyra:  Oh wow – the venue in the pictures looks so lovely and cozy. I love the walls! I am glad you guys are making progress and I hope everything goes well next week!

Post # 48
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Brokensound21:  Thanks! I’m really excited to book it now!

Post # 49
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Historic cinema

So what has everyone done so far? ANy plans or bookings made?

I have my wedding jewellery (because I was scared they would run out of stock!)

And am rearing to book the venues properly! We are marrying in a cinema run by a friend who sees no rush to get things finalised, but we also want to book a theatre for our reception, and this books out pretty quickly!

And we are going to our first wedding expo tomorrow. My first real bride-y thing! Yay! 🙂

Post # 50
367 posts
Helper bee

@MissBettsy:  Hi! We’ve not booked anything yet but we’ve announced our engagement & started looking at venues. Less than a week now until we view our two favourite venues! Have a really good feeling about one of them – hope it is everything we want!

Been trying to choose a date too. The venue hire is £500/$760 cheaper if we book on a Sunday instead of a Saturday. Not sure if it’s worth just forking out the extra for a Saturday though.

Basically, we’ve just done a lot of research so far. Found some dresses I like, decided on a colour scheme, chose my bridesmaid (easy – my sister!), and found a photographer whose work I love.

What’s your wedding jewellery like?

Post # 51
613 posts
Busy bee

@lunalyra:  Ooh! Exciting! I kind of wish we got to look around at venues, but am glader still that we have them sorted!

My wedding jewellery: http://tiaratown.com/ahset1.html It’s an exact replica and it looks so good in real life. For now it’s stashed away in the depths of my wardrobe!

I have asked my two best girlfriends and we are having a red, white and bling colour scheme.

I have most of the details worked out as it became my project when I was stuck in bed for 4 months with an injured back! Planning our dream wedding was the only thing that kept me sane!

Post # 52
367 posts
Helper bee

@MissBettsy:  I’ve just finished my professional postgraduate course and we are moving in the next 6 weeks or so. I start my new job in mid-September and Fiance starts his in early September so we are trying to plan as much as we can now! Sorry to hear about your  – hope you’re feeling better now.

We are having a navy and pink colour scheme. Bridesmaid in navy and pink flowers.

Post # 53
5 posts
Newbee

Nov 15, 14 in Florida! Colors- Burgandy, Boysenberry ( deep purple), Sage and Charcoal Glitter .

Venue- confirmed- indoor/outdoor historic home. deposit down within the next two weeks.

Catholic Church wedding- in process- premartial classes, packet need to be done prior to date confirmation. So difficult!

Save the Dates- DIY! Almost done Pinterest

Garters- DIY! Done! Pinterest

boutineers-DIY- Done key theme so a skeleton key and ribbon. Pinterest

Be my Bridesmaid/MOH- done by tomorrow- using a cigar box  invitation with key info. Pinterest

Groomsmen/BM-  using a ” your service as a xxx is requested with a cigar attached. Pinterest

Post # 54
613 posts
Busy bee

@ambervd:  Wow! Someone more organised than I am! lol Well done! 🙂

Post # 55
367 posts
Helper bee

@ambervd:  You’re very organised! 

We’ve just reserved Saturday 15 November 2014 as our date! 😀 502 days until our wedding! Hoping to confirm the booking on Friday when we view.

Post # 57
367 posts
Helper bee

Hi ladies! Just wanted to say goodbye… We looked at the two venues as planned last week and were really taken with FI’s favourite! It turned out to be my favourite too. Because it has great grounds and views we decided to move our date forward to try to benefit from the weather. We are now getting married on 20 September 2014! I really enjoyed sharing the initial planning process with you and wish you all fantastic days and long happy marriages!

Post # 58
46 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married on November 1st, 2014.  My absolute favorite day of the year is Halloween and I actually debated waiting until 2015 to have the wedding, because Halloween falls on the Saturday.  But it’s so far away, and my Fiance and didn’t want to wait that long. Naturally we are having a Halloween wedding.  I’m trying to have something that’s not orange and black, Halloween can be whatever you want it to be, I think, and that’s the fun of it!  So far we have booked the church, hall and limo bus.  I feel like there’s lots of time (I’ll probably regret saying that one day) Has anyone begun dress shopping or purchased their dress yet? Smile

Post # 59
613 posts
Busy bee

@lunalyra:  Aw yay! I wish we could get married sooner! There’s still over a year! Yell

@e_cass:  Sounds like so much fun! Halloween isn’t big here in NZ, but I wish it was as I love any excuse to dress up!

I know what my dress will be, a movie replica, and have my costume lady all gered up to make it for me, but am hoping to loose a tiny bit of weight, so won’t get it made until about Oct 2014.

I’ve been pretty industrious lately though, have designed invitations, ceremony programmes and kids activity books! It’s hard to find actual things to do though with the date being so far out……

Any ideas for what else I can do?! I LOVE DIY!!! lol

Post # 60
980 posts
Busy bee

Just changed my wedding date to Noveber 1st 2015 mainly because its the day after my favourite day ever…. halloween.

So excited to join the November ladiesSmile

Post # 61
46 posts
Newbee

Post # 62
46 posts
Newbee

@nearly-mrs-R Same reason why we are having a November 1st wedding!!!! The day after Halloween!!! I actually debated waiting until 2015, to get married on Halloween, but decided I couldn’t wait that long, so November 1st, 2014 it is!  Halloween themed of course!!! Smile

@MissBettsyI feel the same way! It’s hard to do anything because the date is still so far away.  What movie are you designing your dress around? That’s awesome!

The topic ‘I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors