(Closed) I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?

posted 7 years ago in November 2014
Post # 76
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2014

parada:  Exciting, yay!! Hope you’re enjoying the planning! 

Post # 77
33 posts
Newbee

We are coming into the home stretch November brides!  What do you have left to do before the big day?

Post # 78
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - 11/15/14-Vineyard

Soooooooooooooooooo excited. 22 days left here.  I wish it were tomorrow!

We went and got our marriage license today!!  It was awesome. 

I’m meeting up with my FSILs tomorrow and I have a feeling they are planning a surprise shower or something, as I’ve gotten quite a few “need you to answer this without asking any questions” questions. lol

I think all I have left to do is my final fitting next weekend and a few more signage projects I’m DIY’ing (reserved signs for ceremony first rows and a card box sign). Then of course the last minute things – pick up tux, get nails done, facials, pack for honeymoon. 

How about you sjm15?

Post # 79
33 posts
Newbee

MrsTtoB:  Currently in a whirlwind of completing the DIY projects.  All of our final payments have been made, and all of the major things are in place but still feel like I have a lot left to organize!

Time is just flying by lately!

Post # 80
901 posts
Busy bee

sjm15:  I know what you mean. This last month alone went by so quickly. I can’t even imagine the next 3 weeks. It’s weird. I feel like I have a million things to do but seeing it on a list on paper, there isn’t that much. I think it’s mostly my mind going a million miles a minute thinking of everything coming together. Just the last few minutes our day of coordinator at the venue just sent me a checklist and the DJ sent me his final docs/our song choices and timelines to review. More details, details, details. 

What is your date? Colors? Setting?

Post # 81
1828 posts
Buzzing bee

Our reception coordinator is no longer with the company! No wonder she hasn’t been returning my emails..ahhhhh! The new coordinator is very sweet and seems to be on top of things but now I’m more stressed than ever. We also had a last-minute addition…a guest said his wife wasn’t sure if she could attend back when our RSVPs were due in mid-september. We kept asking periodically and he never gave an answer, so we assumed no. WELL, Friday night we get a text saying she IS coming. Wonderful. Now I have to reorganize my seating charts and estimates. My poor coordinator…she just got my file and now I’ve had to change things on her.

Also, the old coordinator didn’t tell us that the menu had changed for our reception! So, we had to pick an entirely different menu..ugh. Also the bar package went up by $3pp/hour. Luckily, the new menu we picked is exactly $9 cheaper pp, so it balances out perfectly, but still. So.much.stress.

I feel so overwhelmed. I’m having trouble sleeping. There is so much left to do, but I feel like a lot of it is in limbo until the week before the wedding in terms of packing, etc. I need a massage! Is anybody as stressed out as me??

Post # 82
901 posts
Busy bee

pharmy:  holy crap, yes I can relate!!! We went through 3 diff coordinators at our venue! At least this one has been with us now the last 6 months  and shes AWESOME! I’ve got to know their interns they just got, too so I feel more comfortable now. 

Lol, we had 1 person not know about his wife, too (FI’s boss) so we left it open. I still have 1 co-worker that won’t know until the week of, so I just left space at the table he would go to “just in case” and he just won’t be on the table assignment board I made. He has flaky family members coming to stay that typically cancel, he felt so bad not knowing. I just told him if they do cancel, I would still love to have him there and will fit him in. 

How in the world can they up the pricing on you? Don’t you have a contract. I would have made them stick to it or comp you other stuff!! Ok, THAT would frustrate me!!! 

I have not slept a solid night in 2 weeks, so stressed!!! A gazillion things going in my head at any given moment. I’m seriously feeling run down and my lord, could I use a massage!!!!!!!! I’ve probably said that to Fiance 3 times this week alone! Lol. 

2 weeks, 6 days…. I can do this! I’m the little train that could…. “I think I can, I think I can…”

Post # 83
1001 posts
Bumble bee

34 days for me!  I am so excited but really starting to second guess things!  Especially my dress.  also, I can’t find a rehearsal dinner dress!  I have been through 5 already and can’t seem to find something I love. I have a back up on RTR just in case. We finalized our menu this week, we had to wait because the venue’s chef is a James Beard cher and likes to pick what’s in season and will be freshest.  Now just waiting on a ton of things to get delivered from etsy and our graphic designer. 

The topic ‘I can't believe there is a board for us! November 2014 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors