- 6 years ago
I don’t understand why people tell me to “enjoy” wedding planning – how can I?? We have a tight budget, I have a future MONSTER in law, who is driving me insane and well I honestly just don’t want to deal with it anymore. Any words of advice on how to get through the next 5 months?
1. My shower is being hosted by my Maid/Matron of Honor, my mom and my FUTURE MONSTER IN LAW. Originally the monster in law said she was going to split the cost with my Maid/Matron of Honor and my mom and now, out of nowhere she is upset because she feels that she is not involved so she just told my fiance that maybe my Maid/Matron of Honor and mom should pay for the shower themselves. There hasnt been much planned, all we have are the invitations, which state that one of the hosts is the MONSTER IN LAW – how can she be a host if she doesnt split the cost with them? The way I see it I’m going to contribute to the cost of this because now I just feel bad for my Maid/Matron of Honor and mom for getting screwed over.
2. The monster in law feels like she isnt involved right? well she went out and bought the favors for the showers, without discussing the idea of them with anyone else that is hosting the shower, and she spent 5 bucks on each favor – IS SHE INSANE???? she doesnt even have enough of them and told me “that’s all they had at the store” – so what are we going to do for the other people? no favors?
3. She wants to be involved in the wedding planning and complains that she hasnt been involved at all. Well I hate to break it to her, but she’s not giving us a penny to contribute towards the cost for the wedding so that is why it’s not her wedding but ours.. so that’s why i’m not involving her – I’ve involved my mom and my moh quite a bit but my mom is at least contributing to the cost and after all it is my mom, my best friend.
4. Monster in law saw a picture of my dress and told me that I’m going to look like a “rag doll” and told me that she went to a wedding and the bride was wearing a dress like that and she looked like an idiot.
5. She told me I should considering putting a tiara made of flowers in my hair! I told her I would consider it (just to be nice, even though I have no intention of doing such a thing) and what was her response? oh no, you shouldnt just consider it, you need to do it
6. We have one flower girl and one ring bearier – she told my fiance and I that we need to ask these other two kids because they’re “PRACTICALLY” family
7. She’s mad because her daughter and I don’t get along and her daughter isnt standing up to the wedding (wel let’s just say her daughter was originally a part of the wedding, but we got into a really big argument back in december and she said a lot of hurtful things, so after that we finalized our bridal party in january and asked everyone to stand up we did not include her). So the monster in law tells me everytime I see her that I somehow need to find a way to squeeze her into the wedding – ummm I would like to add that the bridesmaid dresses have been in for a few weeks now, soooo???? ya not happening).
I could go on for ages, but long story short my monster in law is seriously ripping me apart left and right, I try not to let it get to me but with how things are going and how bad they are getting I’m honestly ready to start calling it quits, especially because my fiance doesnt do a whole lot to support me… but listens to his mother… I’ve told him numerous times that she’s not paying for the wedding.. and well apparently he doesnt get that.