(Closed) I feel like a jerk for not being 100 percent happy for sibling..

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
5095 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Wow, it is completely understandable that you have mixed feelings about it – that does NOT make you a jerk!!  Did you and your sis otherwise have a strained relationship, or was this a one-off?

Post # 4
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hmm I don’t think you’re a jerk. 

I say just make all those comments between you and your husband, and try to put on a smile for the family.  No use starting up drama again.

Post # 5
3166 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

no way, you’re completely justified. if she’s not enough of a big girl to realize that her actions were out of line and still refuses to apologize, I don’t know why she thinks she’s mature enough for marriage. it’s whatever though… I’d be pleasant but I wouldn’t go out of my way to gush about it. If you don’t feel it, there’s no need to put up a front.

Post # 7
14183 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think it’s hard to be happy for someone who has been such a ridiculous bitch in the past. Your sister acted RIDICULOUS at your wedding. I’d have a hard time being 100% happy for her to. If she thinks those actions are okay at YOUR wedding, i wonder what she’ll pull out for hers. Or in her marriage. Yikes

Post # 8
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Ugh. Sounds like a crappy situation. I think you’re perfectly sane feeling the way you do. I agree with PP who said be pleasant but no need to gush. Hopefully, you won’t have to be too awfully involved in the planning or setup for her wedding, so that you don’t have to be around this too much. I know that sounds kind of bad, but if it were me, I’d want to distance myself from the situation a little and not be forced to do a bunch of wedding prep for someone who acted such a fool at my own wedding.

Post # 10
1850 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@maureen9004: Yay! Good for you for beong the bigger person and rising above the situation. I know that I would’ve had a mixed reaction as well…and I don’t think that you were a jerk for feeling that way. Maybe with time she’ll realize how stressful a wedding can be and will finally understand that her actions were inappropriate…especially for a wedding!

The topic ‘I feel like a jerk for not being 100 percent happy for sibling..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors