(Closed) I feel so behind, what have you done for your June 2014 wedding?

posted 6 years ago in June 2014
Post # 32
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We have booked our venue, photographer, officiant, DJ, day of cooridnator, selected bridal party, and bought my dress.  We have met with a baker and caterer and plan to book both soon.  Getting engagement pics done in a couple weeks and will send Save the Dates in October.  I just started nursing school and we got engaged at the beginning of May.  I knew I needed the big stuff done this summer before it booked and I got busy with school.  I haven’t decided on flowers. We are doing mason jars, burlap, and lace..country rustic.  I think that covers it :))

Post # 33
860 posts
Busy bee
Hey Ladies!!! 

So far we have:

– Set the date.. Obviously lol…
-Chosen our wedding party

-Booked our venue; a country club which includes outdoor ceremony on the terrace right in front of the river, The venue also includes our cocktail hour with passed appetizers as well and the reception where we will have a choice of three difference plates for dinner. The venue was great because it included all the linens and chair covers ..which I was able to go to a local decorating company and choose from I’m wide variety of different linens!!! 

-We have the photographer and videographer booked and will be doing our engagement photos in a few weeks!!

– A good friend of mine’s family owns a DJ company so we already have them booked for the wedding and social. 

-We’ve done the first draft for our guest list.

-My fiancé is good friends with a florist so we have her booked for our wedding date!! We have our centerpieces picked out.

-I’ve started on a lot of my DIY Projects such as; table numbers, Photo Booth props, signage, signature cocktails chosen.

-I started on our wedding favors, we are doing personalized Jones soda Bottles that go with our theme colors.

-I started strassing my own wedding shoes!!! I am in love with bling, so they will be very sparkly!!!! 

-I have the hairstylists picked out to do the wedding party’s hair on our wedding.. I’m still looking for a makeup artist but I realize I have a lot of time still.

-A friend of mine has an amazing voice so I have given her a song to learn for while I walk down the aisle and she has a friend that plays the acoustic guitar so I have the ceremony music picked out!! So excited!!! 

I’m a bit of a bridezilla.. so I am sure I have other stuff planned or booked already but I just can’t think of them right now!! Haha

Post # 34
370 posts
Helper bee

Our big day is June 6th!

So far we have the venue, the DJ, the photographer, picked the florist, the cake design and baker, a wedding planner. The save the dates are just about done also!

I am currently searching for a videographer and a dress. I think I know what dress style I like, and am hoping to find something this weekend when we go dress shopping!

You have roughly 9 months, but as someone above mentioned lots of vendors book up quick – especially if you have a popular date or day.

Good luck!

Post # 35
576 posts
Busy bee

My Fiance and I just got engaged a week ago, but we’ve been talking about getting married for a few months. So far I have a theme and colors, and have started making some decorations (it’s going to be pretty much totall DIY). We’ve picked our bridal party (only having a Maid/Matron of Honor and Bridesmaid or Best Man, so it was easy). We are getting married in our church, so we have the venue for the ceremony, and the officiant. We have done our research on reception venues, and hope to book one this week. I have my guest list done, unless my parents want to add anyone, and he’s promised to have his done by tomorrow. Once that is done we will be booking the caterer, photographer and DJ as soon as we can. I’ve already done my research and narrowed it down to a few options for each. I will be making cupcakes myself, so don’t have to worry about that. Also my Mom is going to grow the flowers for our bouqets, so no florist. We will be ordering Save-The-Date Cards as soon as the venue is booked, already have the design picked out. And I’ve ordered my dress, just waiting for it to come in. My Grandma is an incredible seamstress, so she will be doing alterations for me. I feel slightly behind, but I know it will all work out.

Post # 36
49 posts
Newbee

I’ve been engaged since December of 2012, and I didnt even start dress shopping until June of this year!

• I have got the dress on lock (to include down payment ((buying off the rack so it’s already ready!)) and accessories such as veil and crinoline)

• Venue shopping is in-process. Looking for double-duty/all-in-one ceremony and reception joint. Pretty sold on one, but havent seen too many others so wanna poke around a little first

• Bridal party secured (just my Maid/Matron of Honor and one Bridesmaid or Best Man so that was easy :D)

• I’ve been given full reign over theme and color decisions. I feel like I want the theme to be Cherry Blossoms and that is what I’ve been pinning on Pinterest so I *guess* that’s settled

• We’ve selected a date. 06/14/14

• Officiant to be contacted by Fiance

• Band selected and secured

• We’ve decided to do a Potluck type reception, so food is covered

• Decided WHERE we want cake from but haven’t been able to lock them in as they require knowledge of venue before scheduling a tasting (wtf?)
  • Guest lists pretty well decided

Frankly, even with all of that behind (or mostly behind) us, I still feel like I’m centuries late on everything. I still wanna lose 15 pounds and grow my hair back and make save-the-dates and all of that stuff!!!~ But I keep trying to remind myself that both the Fiance and I work 12 hour days five days a week so we don’t often have time to make these plans. I need to just keep carving out little pockets here and there and we’ll get through this :3

Post # 37
6741 posts
Bee Keeper

Ok, updated – I have confirmed 6/30/14 as my date. I booked and signed the contract for the photog. I need to put a deposit on the venue, I need to put a deposit on the photog. I’ve settled on a budget. FI’s job is to pick the videographer. We’ve picked our wedding colors (blush pink, gold, mint and torquiose blue). We picked our resort (doing our wedding off-resort) and put down the deposit to hold 20 rooms. I’ve ordered and made our luggage tag Save-The-Date Cards, but have not yet mailed them (hopefully this week). We picked and booked our officiant. We don’t have much left to do except – pick a bridal party officially (and ask them), dress shopping (and attire shopping for him), and then a few little details. The wedding coordinator at the venue takes care of all the decor, the DJ, the cake (we just have to pick the design and flavors), etc. We also made and updated our wedding website. We got a lot done within the last 3 weeks!!

Post # 38
203 posts
Helper bee

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed but I have my dress, we’ve booked the loction, planned the menu, booked the flights and hotel and our website is almost finished. I’ll be meeting with the photog, dj, makeup artist etc in Dec when I travel. 

Post # 39
103 posts
Blushing bee

We got engaged January of this year and didn’t do any planning until this past June, which, to be honest, was freaking me out since I know June is a very popular month for weddings. Our wedding is 6/21/14. We planned on having the wedding in LA (where fiance is from), but live in San Francisco…which made it all that much harder to really check out venues and vendors. By the time we had the chance to get down to LA to scope out the wedding scene, most venues and vendors were already booked. So I turned myself into a full-blown wedding planning machine and booked ceremony and reception venues, photographer, makeup artist all in one weekend. The following weekend, I got my videographer and DJ. Bridal party got locked in and I got my dress as well. (My biggest concern is that I might have picked the wrong dress, but already put in the 50% deposit. Unlike other brides, I tried on about five dresses and just picked out the most simple one…now I’m having dress regret.)

Post # 40
2156 posts
Buzzing bee

Got engaged beginning of May. Started planning right away because we were moving out of town in August. So far we have the venue, the church, the band, photographer, invitations (designed by friend), some decorations, and know which caterer just have yet to book them. We have the bridal party set and I know what I would like them to wear, just have to actually try on and purchase.  

I know what dress I want, just a matter of finding it preowned or saving up enough to purchase it. 

It’s getting a little tricky now that we live 4 hours away from where we will be getting married, but we’re having a pretty casual wedding so I’m not stressing. I’ve got everything planned out in my head, just haven’t booked or purchased everything yet. 

Post # 41
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I wouldn’t be worrying! I got engaged in June and I’m getting married Otober 5th and I am sending out my invites tomorrow (eeek 25 days)! And for the record, I am not having a simple wedding. I’m going a bit crazy with rustic details 🙂 I would try to get your wedding photorapher sooner than later though (they tend to raise rates around fall for the next year… I know cause I am one ha). 

Post # 42
314 posts
Helper bee

@tobemrstaddesse:  Girl, don’t feel bad! LOL I got engaged in April, and I JUST found the venue last month. I don’t have the caterer, band, or either venue paid for and we only have the date set. I don’t have the dress. I’m going to go meet with my bridal party so that I can get them fitted. What makes it harder is driving at least twice a month to my hometown to get everything done since that’s where the wedding will be. 

Post # 43
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2019

Our wedding is a week before yours, and we have:

Church

Reception venue

Rehearsal dinner venue

Photographer

Dress

Florist

Colors

Bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girl and ring bearer

Guest list 95% complete

Registry

Lots of stuff left, but we were excited to get started!

Post # 44
576 posts
Busy bee

So I am happy to report that my Fiance and I have actually started to book some things! We booked the venue last Friday, and are going to sign our catering contract next Thursday. I have also found a photographer and DJ that I like who are still available for our date, so I am hoping to meet up with both of them soon and get them booked. On Sunday we will speak to our priest about the church, but I know it’s available so it’s not a big concern. And once all those things are done, I think I will feel a big sense of relief. Still many things to do, but as long as all that is booked we can take care of the rest in time.

Fiance and I also finalized our guest lists, and came in under the expected 250, which is awesome! And my dress is set to arrive tomorrow, I can’t wait for that!

Post # 45
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2019

Just a little, gentle warning –

When we started to look at reception venues for June, almost everything was booked.  A FULL YEAR IN ADVANCE!  We panicked a little but it helped us get a lot done very quickly.  (And we booked the last good venue 20 minutes before another couple came in to make their deposit.  Yes!)

Post # 46
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’m helping my girl friend, whose getting married next month. Venues for the receptions are only booked 6 months ago. Yes, receptionS. She and her Fiance are from different cities, and will be having 3 receptions – one at her hometown, on at her FI’s hometown and one at the city they work and met. Crazy, I know, but that’s how things work here.

If you are still looking for bouquet, I’d recommend this seller who makes brooch bouquet.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.549773441726248.1073741827.425834967453430&type=3

It should be perfect for your sparkle vintage theme.

My girl friend got hers in peach version and it’s gorgeous!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=557948000908792&set=a.549773441726248.1073741827.425834967453430&type=3&theater

The seller makes invitation, too. Mostly rustic styles, I noticed. But I think it’s nothing wrong to ask if the seller does custom work.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.442842529086007.96189.425834967453430&type=3

My friend only found the seller after ordering invites from other vendor but I’m thinking to order mine from the seller. Hope this info help!

The topic ‘I feel so behind, what have you done for your June 2014 wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors