(Closed) I feel so behind, what have you done for your June 2014 wedding?

posted 6 years ago in June 2014
Post # 47
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Sounds like we’re on the same page!  I got engaged March of 2012 and we’re getting married June 15, 2014.

I finally purchased my dress in June and we put a deposit down on our venue and officiant, but that’s it.  We know what DJ, photographer, and cateror we want to use but we haven’t actually put a deposit down yet.

I’m really starting to feel some anxiety over the time crunch and lack of money!  So don’t feel too bad!!  Sounds like you’re off to a decent start!

Post # 48
127 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve booked the venue. That’s pretty much it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 49
3 posts
Wannabee

I am getting married on June 28th, 2014 and I feel behind as well. So far we have:

Theme/Colours: Hollywood Glam (Red, Black and Champagne/lightbeige)

Venue(Reception and Ceremony in same place): This one is booked up to 2 years in advance, we booked it in January and still had to move our wedding up by a week

caterer

Photographer

Decor Company (centerpeices etc…everything from head to toe)

Florist

DJ and that’s about it

I am stressing out over the wedding dress now as I have narrowed it down to two but can’t decide between the two (one made me tear up while the other was so stunning that my mouth dropped open and I couldnt speak) plus I’m looking for a reception evening gown as well.

Makeup artist that I wanted is already booked up, we still havent done our engagement photosession, still a lot of details that I am stressing over as everything in Vancouver gets booked up FAST.

Post # 50
24 posts
Newbee

I’m in the same boat hun. Starting to stress because both my Fiance and I are going to school full-time and working part time. Plus our finances have taken a huge hit these past couple months due to car trouble and the health of our pets.

However, like a lot of these ladies have said, as long as you get your venue, photographer and caterer taken care of, don’t stress. I don’t even have a caterer yet! We might have to save some money buy hiring our chief friend to do the reception dinner for us.

Anyhoo, I’m feeling super behind because of all the things mentioned before.

However, I do have some things done and I have a very detailed list/timeline doc. typed up already.

Things we have;

Venue, date, photographers, menu, 80% of a guest list, sound enginer and band list, I’m making my dress (have the sillouette picked out, just need materials and fabric, and time!), colors, some songs picked out for the ceremony and suit pick out (but not purchased) for the groom.

But that’s about it! I’m defintely worried, mostly because of money, but I know the details will come when they come, we just need to focus on the big stuff like who’s going to officiate, invitations and how much food/drink we can afford.

I hope this helped. Regardless of how much needs to get done, remember what all this stress is leading up to AND STOP STRESSING. The more we stress the less we enjoy. Easier said than done of course, but again, remember that even if there is no pagentry or seating plan, you will have your partner and you will be married in June and all will be well.

Post # 51
19 posts
Newbee

I am getting married 15 June 2014, and after reading this i feel behind lol. We have the venue, the photographer and make up and hair (paying deposit end of the month), we think we know what invites we will have just a matter of deciding for sure and having it made. Have the theme and an idea of how to make it work (pearly pink and silver, feathers and pearls rather than lotsa flowers). The wedding cake not yet but my cousin is giving it to us as a wedding gift cos he is friends with one of the top wedding cake providers around here so we know we will go with him do not have to shop around just decide what we want. Im going to start looking for my dress this weekend, but will buy it, not make it. Thats basically all oh and the wedding party we have. But where i stay june is winter so things will be a bit easier to book etc.

Post # 52
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Don’t worry…everything will come together eventually! We got engaged 9/29/2012 and are getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica on 7/12/2014. I started really early since this is a destination wedding.

Completed:

• Save-the-Date Cards Mailed
  • Wedding Website Designed
  • Wedding bands purchased
  • Wedding gown, veil, shoes, jewelry
  • Bridesmaids dresses and shoes
  • Reserved rooms (blocked some for guests as well)
  • Purchased all linens and centerpieces, bridesmaids flowers, gazebo fabric, candles, etc.
  • Confirmed wedding location, reception ballroom, dinner menu [location may change upon arrival if we see one we like better]
  • Confirmed photographer and videographer
  • Confirmed steel drum band and DJ
  • Confirmed 3-layer cake with bling bands
  • Make-up trial run

To Do:

1. Suits, ties, shirts, cufflings and fitting for groom and groomsmen [picked out already…just need fitting appt in November]
  2. Purchase earrings, bracelets and reverse necklaces for bridesmaids [since they have a dramatic v-shape in the back, I am looking for something that will hang down their back as well]
  3. Make flight reservations for immediate wedding party (working with TA currently and may book this week before rates rise)
  4. Purchase items for welcome bags
  5. Purchase fans for guests as wedding is at 4:00 am at the wedding gazebo overlooking the water

Post # 53
544 posts
Busy bee

@tobemrstaddesse:  hey, that was going to be my date! Haha. I had to post and tell you that ๐Ÿ™‚ when I got engaged I looked at Saturdays in June and the 14th popped so I picked it, only to find out it was his parents’ anniversary day! But then, due to funds, we had to push it back a year ๐Ÿ™ anyway, even though I’m a June 2015 bride, I have picked a venue, theme, and bridal party. That’s about it.

Post # 54
200 posts
Helper bee

I’m new to June 2014! I’m getting married June 28th and we only got engaged Sept 23rd. It was a bit difficult at first because a lot of things I wanted were booked up! My first three photographers were already booked, along with the minister I wanted to marry us!

So far I’ve got my dress, 4/5 bridesmaid dresses, my venue (my parents), photographer and some decor things. 

I would really like to nail down a caterer, DJ and minister/person to marry us in the next week or so! If only people would be a bit quicker with the email reply!

I’m feeling a bit behind since we’re getting married in a shed we have to rent everything, similar to a tent wedding.  It’s a bit confusing because certain rental companies charge for this and that, or don’t have- for example- plates. ugh! It’ll all work out though ๐Ÿ™‚

HAPPY PLANNING!

Post # 55
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Nothing really, checking on venues and catering cost. its a vow renewal, nothing too fancy. As soon as i get the venue and catering down(hofully this month) i am 100 percent in planning mood. 

Post # 56
617 posts
Busy bee

I feel like I am in the same boat as everyone else.  Had serious plans about getting things done and then my job completely changed and the stress has been out of this world.  I have our venue, our photographer, and our videographer booked.  I got my dress and the girls dresses.  We have our bridal party, rehersal dinner is booked.  Save the dates are sent.  

Right now we’re working on getting all the necessary church stuff finished pre cana classes and all that.  DJ/or Band the big debate (Holding us up big time), florist, and invites.

Its crazy I thought I had so much time when I got engaged in June 2012 and now its coming quick!

Post # 57
227 posts
Helper bee

I’ve got my dress:-) LOL

Seriously though, I have my dress (unaltered), one shoe strassed, linens and vases. Reception venue is book…and that’s it. LOL! I will be putting my deposit with my protographer next week and reserving the ceremony space as well.

Post # 58
41 posts
Newbee

We just got engaged a week from today…so not very much!

I have our reception venue, photographer, videographer…and that’s about it! I just sent a letter requesting the church for our ceremony… I am so behind!

Post # 59
1534 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@tobemrstaddesse:  Not even officially engaged yet, but we are planning for a summer 2014 wedding (and I’m hoping it will be June 8, since that’s our anniversary!). We both want a short engagement (6-9 months, so that’s a reason we don’t have a ring yet).

Anyways, I seriously have a lot planned already (well… for not being engaged).

-Family has offered their land for our wedding/reception venue, so we will definitely be taking them up on that, it is beautiful.

-One of my church pastors will be officiating. I have my mind on one specifically, but if he can’t, then there are like 4 others to choose from.

-Chairs and tables are also free to borrow from church.

-We have picked our wedding colors: Sangria, Navy Blue, and Light Grey.

-I have our invitations and response cards already, they just have to be printed on. We get free ink, so I can do that at home. (Invitation kits came from Goodwill $5 each, brand new, unopened from Target, originally $50 each… I got two)

-My bridesmaids have all already agreed to be there for me on my big day, whenever it may be. Two are my sisters, and the other two and I have been best friends since infancy (literally), so I 100% they will be there for me. He knows who he’d want as his guys, but obviously hasn’t asked yet.

-I already have purchased my 4 bridesmaids dresses (they came in today!).

-We will not be having dancing, since it mortifies both of us. So isntead of a DJ, we will have an ipod playing music in the background during the reception

-The only decorations we will have will be the centerpieces. The beauty of nature will be our decoration!

-Making flowers myself, yes FAKE flowers. Why pay so much money for something that will die that same day? Plus, people won’t be looking THAT closely at my flowers.

-SO and I want a cookie ‘cake’ for us, since neither of us like cake. I will make that. A large sheet cake from Sam’s Club will be served for the rest of the guests.

-Rough draft guest list is done, as well as collected addresses for 90% of guests

-Rough draft seating chart is also done!

-It will be a lunch time ceremony, so we were thinking burgers and barbecue, grilled by our dads.

As you can tell, we will be running a VERY tight budget, so the cheaper (and free-er) the better!

I feel like I’ve planned SO much more, but I can’t think of it right now.

So basically the only MAAAAJOR things I still need to do is get a dress for me and a photographer. There is a super discount bridal salon right near my house, so I am fine with waiting to find a dress until a little closer to the date.

I will do any and everything before I am engaged except for actually trying on a wedding dress! That’s the one thing I’m afraid would jinx everything. hahaha

Post # 60
8 posts
Newbee

i think im the only bride that despises the planning process. ive booked the venue ( chateau briand), the florist ( 13th ave florist) and ive picked the bridesmaid dresses (amsale). my brother is going to be our offiant and my fiances cousin is our dj. i feel oerwhelmed and behind. having a baby 2 months ago doesnt help the planning either.

Post # 61
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Twin Oaks Garden House

DONE:

venue/catering and cake included

Photographer

DJ

officiant

dress

favors

save the dates and invites

centerpieces already made (flower boxes) and im doing my own flower arrangments the nigh before

Shuttles

Hotel

makeup artist

hair stylist

Needs to be done:

photobooth

OOTB

bridesmaid dresses

grooms stuff

rings

losing 20 pounds by June 2014

honeymoon

We got engaged April 2012 and booked our date April 2012 so we have had LOTS of time.

The topic ‘I feel so behind, what have you done for your June 2014 wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors