I FINALLY FOUND THE ONE!!!(Allure C207 any other brides??)

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4690 posts
Honey bee

You look so happy! 

I think a pretty curly updo will go best. You’ll want to show off the back of that dress!

Post # 5
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Shae_Baby:  I just bought the same dress last week!! I, too, wanted an all-lace dress with sleeves, and I wanted it to be kind of “different” … not just the typical plain, a-line lace. I was starting to my second-guess my choice this weekend, and began worrying that maybe the C207 wasn’t as different/fashion forward as I wanted. But after seeing how beautiful you look in the dress, I feel a lot better. Thanks for posting! (My store wouldn’t allow photographs.)  As for hair — definitely wear it up somehow to show off the beautiful sleeves and back. I wouldn’t do anything too structured though with your hair — like I wouldn’t do pulled back real slick and tight with lots of tight princess curls. I think since the dress if more romantic and demure, your hair should be a little more loose looking/textured at the scalp, if that makes any sense. And definitely some waves would be really pretty in your hair.

Curiousity though: How much did you pay for the dress? I only saw it in the store I purchased it in, and that store is a bit swanky, so I’m wondering if I got overcharged at $1973.

Post # 7
1770 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Your dress is gorgeous!! A low romantic updo would be perfect.

Post # 8
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Congratulations! You look GORGEOUS!

Post # 9
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Love it!

Post # 10
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I LOVE it! 

Post # 11
68 posts
Worker bee

This dress is beautiful, and you look absolutely stunning in it!

Post # 12
328 posts
Helper bee

Looks perfect on you! I like your ideas of hair, a braid incorporated would look beautiful!

Post # 13
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Shae_Baby:  Yes, the sleeves are great on this dress and the model’s photos definitely do not do them justice. They look borderline childish in the model photos, I think, but they’re what I loved most about the dress in person. Especially how the lace details in parts of the sleeve are really small and delicate … it just added such a different, romantic touch, for me. And to think – I checked out the Allure website a few times, and I don’t even remember seeing this dress. I obviously disregarded it for one reason or another, and yet, when my bridal dress consultant put me in it, I loved it!

I haven’t been able to find any real brides in the dress either — but like you said, guess that makes it more unique! 🙂

As for the hair: I think that style is great!! It would look really pretty on you!! I had found something similar that I was considering for myself, but I can’t find the photo on my computer at the moment. I’ll post it soon. I’m thinking of adding a jeweled hair piece of sorts to place on one side of the up-do.

My family is super traditional, so I need to do a veil – at least for church – but I wasn’t thrilled with the couple I tried on at the store. I’ll have to try a few others when I go for a fitting. The lace veils looked like lace overload. And the crystal-embellished ones just didn’t mesh, for some reason. If you end up going for a veil or trying any one with the dress, let me know if you have any suggestions!

Post # 14
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I committed to this dress today and have been buzzing around the internet for reviews. Much like you all, this is one of the few places I’ve seen a few pictures / reviews.

Veil: I agree, it’s in my opinion that a veil with sparkles and trimmed in lace seemed to be too much. I’ve yet to order my veil, but currently leaning to a thin ribbon / satin edge finger tip veil. Curious to know what others have done.

I think pictures do not do this dress justice, which is a bummer. The lace is on this great netting, like a delicate fish netting (almost)… hard to describe, hence why valid pictures would be nice when viewing online. I tried on a off white hue, but ordered in white as my fiance will be wearing his Navy Military Chief White Uniform.

I actually preferred the dress without the cap sleeve and will most likely ask for them to be removed once the dress arrives. Who knowns, I could have a change in heart.

Below is a big of me in the dress with the cap sleeve tucked under. Granted, it’s not the most flattering pose (gut sticking out and doof smile). But it’s an upgrade from the yoga pants I walked in with. 🙂

Post # 15
1528 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

hehe saw your post again..you’re so pretty! 🙂

Post # 16
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Here’s an idea, a hairstyle that I personally LOVE!!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors