- 7 years ago
- Wedding: November 2013
Never thought that i would be a bride who had to try on what it feels like a million dresses before finding the one…
After 7 bridal stores, after 12 bridal appointments, i finallyy made a decision and said yess to thee dress!! I said yesssss toooooo La Sposa Mirraaaaaaaaaaaaa!
This dress makes me feel beautiful, makes me feel like a bride.. it is unique and perfectly balanced for me.. No big train, no heaving beading, no shiny material.. the feathers was definitely the selling point.. so elegant and classy.. i am soo in love with it i can’t wait to get in 6 months!
Just for fun below is a picture collage of the dresses i gave significant consideration through my journey:
1. La Sposa Mirra: The one!!!
2. San Patrick – Edimburgo: loved the ruffles skirt and the crisscross ruching . Found this on preownedwedding dress brand new from a local bride selling for $800, and now $750, so this was one of the hardest decision i had to made.. but in the end i love #1 more and had to pass on the amazing deal.. anyone interested here is the ad: http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/59320/San-Patrick-28594-Size-4.html
3. Pronovias – Duende: loved the feather bust, the softer bottom skirt and the lace in bodice is lovely. However, it was way out of my price range and was not looking for a lace dress.
4. Pronovias – Benicarlo: love the feather bust and the crisscross bodice and the belt it came with. Not the shape i was looking for but would have consider buying if it was in my price range.. but it was not and used dresses cost as much as a new La Sposa Mirra.
5. Allure – 8971: loved the romantic feel to it however it was quite forgettable. felt like something was missing for it to be wow.
6. Allure – 8915: fun dress, flattering. Thought years later when i look back to my pictures it would look dated for how trendy it looks..
7. Maggie Sottero – Divina in Blush: love love love this dress. thought it was the one.. but was not fan of its weight and its gigantic train… my mom didnt like the pink color either…
8. Maggie Sottero – Divina in Ivory: same as above plus the ivory didnt have the same impact as the blush…
9. Mikaella 1511: perfect train length and ruching. Was not fan of the mismatch materials and the ruffles sat quite flat..
In the end, i am so glad to be able to take the pictures and reevaluate each dress calmly at home .. without this opportunity i would have def bought #9… second mermaid i tried and loved.. but now i truly have the one and will not have dress regret… 4 months of searching has paid off.. now time for a long break from wedding planning 🙂
Since I shop for my dress alone, i have to thank the bees here for all the feedback and for helping me out throughout this process!