(Closed) I FOUND MY DRESS *******! POLL

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Should I bring the lace around the chest down to my stomach on the front of the dress?

No, I love it the way it is!

Yes, it needs something more in the front

• Post # 2
    265 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
    banana86:  I definitely love it the way it is! I love the front being relatively simple and the back being the “wow” factor.. I wouldn’t change a thing!

Post # 3
    3791 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

I think if the lace came down to your stomach it would almost cut the dress into two separate parts and I’m not sure that would do you any favors.  I really like how subtle it is right now; you can barely tell where the lace transitions to satin.  If you brought it down farther I think you would lose the continuous look that you have right now.  To “glam” up the front of the dress, find a gorgeous statement necklace to complement the beautiful simplicity of your dress.

Post # 4
    1786 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2016

I’m just not sure how that will look. I can’t imagine the lace coming down that far. Do you have a inspiration picture where the whole top is lace and the bottom is plain. 

Post # 5
    1695 posts
    Bumble bee

Keep the dress the way it is!

Post # 6
    1641 posts
    Bumble bee

Your dress is very similar to mine! It is quite simple, raw silk fabric with lace around the bust. I think it’s gorgeous the way it is. 

Post # 9
    395 posts
    Helper bee

I agree that it will cut the dress in half to add more lace, and you will lose the figure flattering look you love about it. It is gorgeous just the way it is.  I also agree with PP that said a statement necklace will be lovely with it. 

Post # 10
    43 posts
    Newbee

I love the dress the way it is now.  Looks great on you, especially when your hair is in front of your shoulders.  

Post # 11
    232 posts
    Helper bee

I’m a lover of lace! I think bringing the lace down into the stomach area would be a great addition to the dress! 

Post # 13
    2452 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

I think that second picture cuts the body in half, like she’s wearing a tshirt and skirt. The way the dress is now flows beautifully and it’s simplicity is part of what makes it so gorgeous. I would go with a more prominent necklace (not bulky…just more sparkle) and really focus on your hair and headpiece.

Your body is amazing btw and that dress was MADE for you!

Post # 15
    2452 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
    banana86:  not to sound like a total creep haha but your pear shape is what made me go “WOW.. this dress is perfect for her body!” You don’t want to cover up those gorgeous curves. I’d KILL for your hips and booty!

I would only add lace if it’s more gradual. Almost like a “lace ombre” effect where it just trickles down and fades off. Not heavy like your second picture. But, again, I really don’t think it needs it at all!

The topic ‘I FOUND MY DRESS *******! POLL’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors