(Closed) I got bit by a copperhead last night

posted 6 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
Member
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’d recommend calling your physician.  Even if you don’t need to get anti-venom, I’m sure he’d be able to tell you what to expect.

Post # 5
Member
2559 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Scary! Did you go to the hospital?

My ex was bitten by an Eastern Diamondback and we thought he would die… he was in and out of the ICU for 2 weeks. Not to scare you, just saying that it might be good to get some antivenin as a precaution!

ETA: I just saw your update. Super strange that they were mum. Maybe you could get a second opinion?

Post # 6
Member
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Although obviously not true “medical advice”, here is someone who posted about their experience being bitten by a copperhead (they also did not get anti-venom): http://www.venomousreptiles.org/articles/373

Post # 7
Member
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

Get a second opinion.  I wouldn’t be satisfied with a doctor/nurse not giving me any info.  I’ve never been bitten, but I’m not sure how long recovery would take without the anti-venom.  It may take substantially longer.

Post # 9
Member
520 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m sorry that I don’t have any advice for you, but my grandmother was bitten by a copperhead a few years ago and it was pretty awful for her (worse for elderly, I’m sure).  Like PP’s have said, maybe you should look into a second opinion?  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

The topic ‘I got bit by a copperhead last night’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors