(Closed) I got my wedding dress basically for a steal! Brand NEW Adorae for $775!!! WOW!!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Our venue… $475 to rent the room for a Friday set up and all day Saturday and past midnight is available… plus $75 cleaning fee. We also got to rent the 1st floor stage theater for the ceremony for another $175 including the cleaning fee and use of their arbor and props!

Well over 48 hours at such a steal! We can bring in our own food too!

Post # 5
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

The biggest problem is that it’s almost an hour away… but our budget is $5K so we decided to go for it… I don’t think we could do much better… and it’s soooo beautiful =) I looked up your dress… very pretty awesome deal you got too!

Post # 7
2584 posts
Sugar bee

Oh wow, maybe it’s my location but my mom kept nagging that $175 was a lot to spend on the reception venue! And we can come in to set up starting the Wednesday before.

We’re getting a great deal on catering. We go to Pizza Ranch every Friday night with friends, so we’re having pizza and chicken catered. It’s buffet and not per plate, but it averages out to about $6/person. And my grandma is a professional cake baker so we’re free of that cost too ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@cali_bride_2011: your not over paying… your costs are actually pretty low for what I seen in my area. You always end up paying more for certain special things like a ballroom and a huge dance floor. Hotels are always expensive but it’s because of how elegant they are and lots of things are inluded =) Truth be told I wanted an outdoor wedding soooo bad but in PA you run the risk of rain in any season so we’d have to buy a tent and port a potties and a dance floor and tables and chairs and lighting and a place to hold that many cars… before I knew it I was looking at $6500 before decorations. It depends a lot on where you live and what you want. I definitely don’t think your over paying though =D

@galloway111: I was thinking about doing Pizza… did you estimate each guest have 2 slices?

Post # 10
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@jadejeff: Of her dress?? Adorae is super popular, and totally flattering and an amazing dress! I wish it had looked as good on me as all of the Bees I see here, haha. The brand is Sottero & Midgley.

Post # 11
2584 posts
Sugar bee

@cali_bride_2011: You probably didn’t overpay. Our venue is a bowling alley- the banquet hall is surprisingly very nice, but I think cost is lower since it’s not the “dream” reception location. There were definitely nicer, but more expensive, places. And most of the caterers we looked into were $12/plate. I’m sure it varies with location too- we’re in a small to medium sized city. We’ll also have about 120 for the meal, though we have 150 relatives on the list so I’m sort of hoping we have at least 30 “no”s. xD

@HappilyEverAfter54: I actually had to check the sheet… if I do the math it looks like they estimated 3 slices per person, but there are also breadsticks and desert pizza to go with. The package we’re getting is actually half chicken, half pizza, so we’ll probably order a bit more than it says we’ll need just in case.

Post # 12
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

the venue! 558$ for an entire ski lodge (2 HUGE rooms, the place can hold up to 500 people), friday set up, all day Saturday until 3am, pick up Sunday. 

And alterations: for bustle, taking in the sides and she’s making me a lace bolero – 70$ for all of it.

Post # 13
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

My dress I got my dream 1300 dolllar dress for 400 dollars. Its a long story, but basically a friend of mine was getting married and his Fiance cheated, he paid for the dress which just so happened to be the dress I couldnt afford. Well he kept the dress bc he bought it for her, it was never worn and he wanted it out of his house, so  when he heard on fb that I was looking for dresses he messaged me with a link to my dress. It was so lucky and such a dteal on my part. I couldnt be happier!!! Congrats on finding your dress. thats amazing and such a good feeling to get that checked off the list. 

Post # 14
677 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I got a steal on my reception gown ($50 for a davids bridal tea length dress) and my alterations $100 per dress, my reception hall $300 rental fee, my ceremony site $150, my catering $23 per head for delicious prime rib, new england cod, and chicken marsala. My catering, and both sites were courtesey of the Riverside Inn Cambridge Springs PA, they are in a tiny town and are a little known historical victorian site and try to encourage tourism through their amazing wedding deals. I actually managed to pull off a ceremony and a full sit down dinner with open bar at a lovely victorian garden/hotel for $4000 total. Any brides looking for a great site in western pa I give them all the stars in the sky!

The topic ‘I got my wedding dress basically for a steal! Brand NEW Adorae for $775!!! WOW!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors