(Closed) i had no problem committing to my man…help me commit to a dress!

posted 11 years ago in Dress
  • poll: help me commit to a dress!
    maggie sottero "melanie" (dress with slit up leg) will still totally work with your new venue : (23 votes)
    23 %
    maggie sottero "fiorella : (64 votes)
    64 %
    sophia tolli "meagan" : (12 votes)
    12 %
    none of them...i've got a better choice for you! : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 32
    121 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

i just love the last one on you. I had loved the other dress on you too that you had posted a few weeks ago. But now this dress looks so young and fresh and poppy (in a good way)…

Post # 33
    152 posts
    Blushing bee

Fiorella ! but you look H-O-T hot! in the Vegas dress, I just think the queenly fabulosity of Fiorella is perfect for your gorgeous new venue!

Post # 34
    1115 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

I agree with the majority here. I LOVE the Fiorella HANDS DOWN, and as a Maggie bride myself, my second choice is of course the other maggie dress … even though it is a bit Riskae, for that venue. Dont mind the “biggness” on the Fiorella, either, I’m 5’3 and everyone told me what a big gown I had for such a little girl, but once I put in on, all agreed it looked gorgeous.

The third dress (since you said be totally honest), well, there is just nothing I LIKE about it. The V cut in the front does, like DG said, make it look a bit boxy. Between that and the Mermaid fru fru bottom it completely robs you of your beautiful curves. I also feel like I’m stuck between the beading on either side of that washboard center rouching and can’t get out back to your face!

Post # 35
    521 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

I love Fiorella.

Melanie is an awesome gown, and in a color, great for a formal event.  For a wedding though… only in Vegas.

I hate Meagan.

Post # 37
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

i say go for it!!! it doesn’t hurt to ask!!! if she’s able to do it she will if not than i guess you’ll have to go to the trunk show!! but honestly i’m sure she can give you some sort of discount!!! and i gottta say you look hot hot hot in your vegas dress!!!! but good choice the first dress is amazing and looks quite similar to the vegas dress!!!! but just a little more glam!!!! can’t wait to see it on you!!

Post # 38
    483 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I like the 1st the best and don’t particularly care for the last…it doesn’t look as much like you as the other two do…

Post # 39
    1882 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

OMG! Melanie! I looooove it on you. i think it *is* very dramatic – “old hollywood” with a twist. I would have been all over that dress if I had seen it.

Edit: oh I just saw you have chosen your dress. You’ll look great no matter what, but I think I am obsessed with Melanie now.

Post # 40
    3124 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

tough one!  since they do have a pretty decent price on it already, i’m not sure if they’d come down any more.  but they could give you some kind of incentive with alterations or something else in house that wouldn’t detract from their money, but give you more value.  Good luck!

Post # 41
    110 posts
    Blushing bee

ok, A.) You. Look. GORGEOUS in both.  B.) LOVE the glam vintage venue and dresses and your hair!!!  C.) My vote is for the first one. It’s jaw dropping. Really. Both are great, but number onbe is stunning.

Post # 42
    110 posts
    Blushing bee

Oh, I see you chose the first one. Well Hooray!!! I fully support that!!! All the best in your gorgeous new dress!

Post # 43
    542 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I heart the Fiorella!

Post # 44
    523 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I adore the Fiorella, but it seems you’re either not loving it otherwise I think you would be buying it.  What if you did the Melanie with crinoline to really give you the volume you want? Is that an option

If not:

Have you seen the Martina Lina line?

Like this one?

http://www.martinaliana.com/#/collection0910/241

http://www.martinaliana.com/#/collection0910/259

If I had your venue and your body ๐Ÿ˜› I would do something like the 241 one, or this one:

Post # 45
    545 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

Oh, no, TPHoliday is trying to confuse you! lol j/k. 

I remember your last post about Melanie and omg I thought it was just soo you (not that I know how you are but you rock the dress!).  But given your venue, I agree that Fiorella would be a better choice, and I am usually someone who’s against “matching” with the venue.  Maybe I feel the exception because you instilled Melanie as a vegas dress in me. I don’t know. lol  I voted to fiorella because like you said, the top part is very similar.  i wouldn’t worry too much about the fullness of Fiorella, though.  I am 5’1″ and I think my dress is fuller than yours.  Once your dress comes in in your size, there won’t be as much fabric and it’ll look fine.(so I was told!)

As for asking Elizabeth about the discount, DO IT.  I strongly encourage all brides to ask for discount because you never know.  I have been offered discounts at various bridal salons just because I showed interest or concern about the price.  The gown I got I saw online and in most stores for $1800, the bridal shop I bought my dress sells it for $1600, and they were having a summer sale so it was 10% off the regular.  We asked for if they could do it better and they brought it down 5% more.  I got my dress for $1350 where other places were selling for $1800!  Just ask, the worst thing they can do is say no.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!  I hope you commit this time! ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘i had no problem committing to my man…help me commit to a dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors