- Gwen von D
- 8 years ago
…Yes, a Canadian who hates hockey. But for some reason J has asked me to come with him to Buffalo to see a hockey game. I said yes, I’d go. I figured it would be a fun adventure over the border. But I have several questions and thoughts running through my mind and I need you girls to slap me back into reality.
1. He asked me last Saturday if I wanted to go with him, and he needed to know really soon. This was the first I heard of this hockey game.
2. There has been no mention of tickets to this hockey game, or the cost of the ticket, or wherewho he got them from.
3. He has not said anything to me about asking any of his guy friends to go with him. Why me? I HATE hockey.
4. He left a voicemail on my work phone today saying: “Whenever you get back from break I need to know ASAP, like, NOW, if you can come or not. Call me back as son as you get this.” You would think that comment would be followed by: “…Cuz so-and-so might want to come and if YOU can’t go, then WE’LL go”, or “…Cuz I’d have to pick up the ticketspay for them right now.” Still no mention of tickets, cost, etc.
5. It’s on a Wednesday night. Normally he would not stay out past 11pm because he gets up at 5am for work. NORMALLY he’d say “No way… Way too late for a week night to be out… Especially across the border.”
6. And most importantly: I HATE HOCKEY. Why would he ask ME of all people? He knows I don’t like sports that much. Why wouldn’t he ask one of his guy friends?
The ‘normal’ part of my brain is thinking: He’s probably asking you cuz he couldn’t find anyone else to go with, but he doesn’t want to TELL you that cuz it would make you feel bad that you were his ‘last resort.’ I’m sure all of this is nothing. Just a hockey game.
…But then there’s the ‘crazy’ side of me: OMG, do you think?? Is this it?? Maybe this whole ‘hockey game’ is just a ploy… Hmmm.
Please talk me down. Knock some sense into me please 🙂