I HATE planning my wedding & I cannot wait for it to be over.

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@ilovemichael: you are not alone. there are days where i wish i could lock up my spare bedroom and forget about it. but in the end, it’ll all come together. atleast that’s what i am telling myself. my bridesmaids all live out of town, so i get no help from them except for the occasional phone call about what they can do to help. in the end it is about the two of you, and as long as you get married then it was worth it. 😀

Post # 4
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Yes I’m right there with you.

Post # 5
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

🙂 I was so there about a month ago. I literally did nothing wedding related for a month because it was so frustrating. The budget has been my biggest pain, and then venues and now I’m afraid of getting bogged down in all the details. I don’t WANT to, but it’s like it gets forced on you because…how else will it get done? So I totally feel that. I have been quoted many times saying “I just want to be married dammit!” Fiance is the one who wanted a bigger wedding, so I kind of felt a little pushed into it. You don’t sound like a bridezilla, just someone who is over it. A lot of people get there at different points in the planning.

Post # 6
5497 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I was so stressed the 3 or 4 weeks leading up to the wedding, that I eventually broke out in hives the size of quarters all over my body. I couldn’t sleep. I cried a lot and I just wanted it to be done. I know a lot of people “mourn” or miss their wedding, but at the rehearsal dinner I flat out told Darling Husband that I could not wait for it to be over and have the family out of our business.

Post # 7
186 posts
Blushing bee

Yep,  my family is driving me BONKERS.   Can’t wait till it’s over and I’m on my honeymoon.  🙂

Post # 8
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

You definitely aren’t alone! My mom made the wedding planning process so incredibly stressful for us and I just wanted it to be over. Can I tell you that our honeymoon was by far the most relaxing vacation of my life? It was amazing!

As for your dress, can we take a look? Maybe we can help you with it if you’re feeling uncomfortable or need reassurance.

Post # 11
6830 posts
Busy Beekeeper

You are definately not alone. I am in the final count down and am sooo ready for it to be over. The last little things makes a person go crazy.  I am ready for two weeks from today I will be on my way to my honeymoon!

Post # 12
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

Well, if it helps any, I think you rock it! Would you feel better if you added a sash of some sort to give it color? Or perhaps take down some of the pickups to make it less poofy for you?

Post # 13
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am done w/ the wedding planning as well.  I’m soo excited that invites went out and now I just need to alter my dress and pay vendors.  I’m @ the point where what happens is what happens.  This whole planning has brought out my Type A crazy obsessive personality.

45 days and I’m free!!!!!!!

Post # 14
3981 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am beyond there. I am just so done! I keep trying to do stuff but it always feels like there is a reason I can’t because I don’t know how, have to do something else first or just plain don’t care.

Post # 15
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Me too me too! I find that the more indecisive or easily pushed around you are, the harder wedding planning can be. I tend to be one of those types of people, and so I have a hard time dealing with my fiancee’s family wanting certain things or suggesting what we do. They’re not necessarily even pushy about it – I just don’t know when to go with my gut and when to think about it, and at what point I overthink things.

At least my fiancee and I are in the same boat! He told me the other day, “No offense, but I am totally over being engaged.” I was like, no I totally agree! We both look forward to being married and officially beginning the rest of our lives together. I hate being the center of attention and wedding planning just overwhelms me.

You’re not alone – you can get through it and then it’ll be over!!!

Post # 16
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I agree!  I have purposely not done a lot of planning and now it’s coming back to bite me in the ass.  Ugh…thank god it will be over soon!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors