(Closed) i have a real fear of large creepy insects & there is one here now!

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Deep breath. Trap it under a glass with something firm underneath, then toss it outside. Or in the toilet. Whatever

I got over my bug thing after living alone for a few years. That’ll do it, I promise

Post # 6
46421 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Put the glass over the bug, the slide something thin under the glass and the bug.

You don’t have to worry about being fast- the bug has nowhere to escape.

Post # 7
317 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

One of the few things that I cannot handle in life is bugs! Here’s what I do: I suck it up with vaccuum cleaner. I put the longest attachment we have on it so I can stay as far away as possible. After I suck it up, I cover the end with foil so it can’t crawl back out.

My husband thinks I am insane, but it works!

Post # 10
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Omigosh you are STILL waiting to do something about it?!?!?!

Sending courage…GO! Cockroaches are gross. You’ll feel better once you flush him and wash your hands.

Post # 11
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m like you, I’m incredibly squeamish around bugs and just cannot get myself to kill them.  Yesterday i was going to the bathroom at work at there was a grasshopper on the wall!  I work at a small home improvement store, and the bathroom just has one toilet.  I’m also the only one that works here, so I couldn’t have anyone kill it for me.  After I was finished I ran out and shut the door.  I just decided that I was not going to go to the bathroom for the rest of the day.  Well, it was a 9 hour shift, so a few hours later I had to go again.  I opened the door, and it was in the sink.  I grabbed a bottle of windex and sprayed it, hoping it would kill it or at least make it weak, and it jumped onto the floor (i think I jumped just as high when this happened).  I grabbed a broom and smashed it from a distance to kill it.  Then once it was dead I swept it up into a dust pan and threw it outside.  I was totally freaking out the whole time.

Post # 12
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I feel your pain!  I am petrified of anything that crawls.  I also have this huge fear of geckos, which somehow always seem to try to run inside the house. 

Post # 13
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

HAHAH!  I can usually kill bugs on my own but one time there was this jumpy weird giant crickety thing in the kitchen and every time i tried to get it, it would jump.  It was horrible.  I called Fiance hysterical and he was like well what do you want me to do?!  Come kill it DUH!  I went in hid in my room for like two hours until he got home and squashed it.  He was terrified of it too though.  There was lots of shrieking from both of us lol.  He killed it, but made me pick it up and put it in the trash.  I feel your pain.  I’ve heard spraying bugs with hairspray will kill bugs.  You could try that.

Post # 15
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

@dynamic_duo: If it makes you feel any better, if it’s the giant-type cockroach, it’s a lot less likely there’s an infestation near you. I used to get them about once a year at an old building I lived in. I think they came off the trees.

The topic ‘i have a real fear of large creepy insects & there is one here now!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors