(Closed) I just bought a $225 BEDSKIRT. What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve bought?

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
1774 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

My file cabinet cost $750.  It’s solid cherry (no veneers), four drawers, and BEAUTIFUL. I looked EVERYWHERE, and the cheapest one I could fine besides this one that met my specifications was $1300, so it’s still a deal.

We are still looking for  some bedding- I want to get something I love, and the few things I have found, FH didn’t like.  It has taken over a year.  I will take a look at the brand, since nothing cheaper has been successful.

Post # 5
1774 posts
Buzzing bee

The issues are:

1. How long will it last?  My file cabinet (provided it is never in a fire, knock on wood) will last longer than I will.  It’s better to buy one file cabinet that I love that will last ofrever than 4 file cabinets that each cost $200.

2. Do you love it?  My file cabinet is in my office, and there are glass french doors off the entry- meaning that anyone who enters our house can see it.  I love it, it makes me happy, so it’s worth it.

Post # 7
1774 posts
Buzzing bee

Yes, solid wood ups the price of everything a TON.  We have been doing a great job of getting deals, but it is still so expensive.  FYI, if you saw our house, you’d feel even better.  You don’t even want to know what our entry rug cost.  (Oriental that is gorgeous, we got when a store was going out of business for about 80% off, but it was still expensive.)

Post # 8
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

well i would have to say the hot tub we just bought…. it is not a necessity but i had to have it! haha… then the 450 dollar fire pit for the backyard…. i couldnt just have the round 60 dollar one 🙁 haha. its okay though because fi and i use them both almost everynight ande it makes us happy! 🙂

Post # 9
1774 posts
Buzzing bee

It’s better to get an expensive one you use very night than a cheap one you never use.

Post # 11
1774 posts
Buzzing bee

OK, ours is cheap compared to that.  It’s kind of funny- we get a ton of complements on the rug, but many people assume it’s fake. 

Post # 12
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

How about my $10,000 motorscooter? Quite a few people call that rediculous. I agree that the price definately is, but I put a ton of extras on with it (probably too many, looking back now). It’s a classy but modern Vespa with a leather seat and chrome wheels. It’s my only vehicle by choice. And darnit, if I’m only going to have a scooter, I’m going to get my 75 mpg, cruise at 65 mph, and look really good doing it.

Annnd…. because of said scooter not being paid off just yet, the gas savings won’t really factor in for a few years.Embarassed

But my scooter makes me very happy, and as much as he complains about it, my FH knows how much I love the thing. He even participated when I re-took my motorcycle safety class (though he’s only ridden the scooter about 6 times without me on the front of it). That definately gives him a few points in the “he’s a keeper” category.

Post # 13
1537 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I just bought $300 jeans…they have crystals on the bottom lol. Fiance just had a heart attack when he saw the purchase on our credit card. I just couldn’t help myself because I had fallen in love before I even looked at the price tag!

I also got in trouble for purchasing a $55 leather dog collar for our pup..hehe at least he looks as good as I do now!

Post # 14
14486 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hmmm, I don’t think its *that* rediculous, but I spent about $650 on my wallet.  But it has the perfect amount of card slots that all face the long way (I dont like wallets where the card ‘stand up’), and the pefect amount of sections and I LOOOOVE the shade of red it is.

And I’m guilty of the jean purchases too.  Expect I got my $300 jeans for half off… so I bought 2 pairs.  Laughing

Post # 15
1537 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@pinkshoes: haha ya I spent about $400 on a long all leather coach wallet this summer…and I accidently left it on the hood of my truck and ran over it while driving away!! Fiance was soooooo pissed. lol. Men just don’t understand the need for these purchases the way us ladies do! (although if it’s a flat screen or some hockey skates it’s a completely different story!)

Post # 16
14486 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

omg ms.peters!  I wouldnt need Fiance to be pissed at me if I ruined my wallet, I’d be pissed enough for the both of us!  haha.  Did you go out and get a new one to replace it?? =D

The topic ‘I just bought a $225 BEDSKIRT. What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve bought?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors