(Closed) I just don’t understand.

posted 9 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

Oh, I’m so sorry this is happening to you!

Here is a link to the CDC website I send patients to:


Your partner needs to get tested NOW, and treated for whatever organism this might be.  You should definitely use a barrier method or abstain completely from sex until this issue is resolved with respect to your partner.   You want to see a clean test result for your partner before having further contact.   I might also go see an OB or gen med doc if there isn’t a definitive organism that’s explaining your symptoms.  

But most of all you need a hug.  If you have any other questions that you’d like to talk about you can PM me!

Post # 4
1363 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Oh FutureMrsTal, I’m so sorry you’re going through this!  I would definitely see if you can find another doctor who can help you get to the root cause.  I’d also call MrTal and let him know he needs to be treated again and that he needs to take ALL of the pills this time. Even if that’s not likely to have caused your reoccurance, the peace of mind is worth him swallowing all the damn pills.

The insurance situation is tricky.  Definitely start seeing doctors as soon as possible and try to get as much done by the end of the month as possible.  If it is at all possible, start looking ASAP for continued coverage.  Even if it’s major medical only (and thus no help in treating you NOW), IU think that’s good enough to keep your proof of insurance up so you don’t need to do a full medical disclosure for the next insurance.  (At least, that’s how it worked for me.  i’m not sure if that’s how it always works…)

 Good luck and HUGS! 

Post # 5
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

First off (((HUGS))) I’m sorry you have to go through this.

As far as insurance does the state have any insurance plans you can apply for?  For example, here in Massachusetts it is a law that everyone has to be insured and there are various insurance programs residents can apply for – maybe your state has a similar program that way you don’t have to worry so much about health care costs.

Post # 6
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010


I’m so sorry that you are going through this and especially while your Fiance is out of town. I would definitely go another doctor or maybe even a specialist (if there is one for this sort of thing). I agree that I would also 1) Call MrTal and tell him you have it again and that he needs to be treated again – and this time he needs to finish every drop of medicine. 2) That until you both get a 100% clean result, you have to abstain from having sex for a while. It’s better to be safe than to have to go through this yet again. Best of luck to you and let us know if you need anything!!

(((MORE HUGS))))

Post # 7
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Oh I’m so sorry. =( *HUGS* It sucks to have something like that, where you’re not sure what’s going on, probably feeling a little embarrassed, and having to deal with your insurance situation to boot!

I would definitely get your fiance to get tested, and MAKE SURE he finishes up his medication. And then get him tested again, because since he didn’t finish his meds up last time, he will have increased the possibility that the organisms are resistant to the antibiotics.

And in the meantime, of course, abstain from sex at least until your PID subsides, and afterwards, use a condom or diaphragm until both of you are 100% clean. 

The topic ‘I just don’t understand.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors