Post # 16
Congrats! Take some time before you start planning. Create a budget. Draft a guest list but don’t share it with anyone yet and definitely don’t invite anyone yet! Think about your top three priorities as a couple, and don’t stress over the rest. Also don’t be shocked that everything is insanely expensive haha
Post # 17
I mean since you asked <3
Post # 18
- Wedding: May 2015 - St Peter\'s Church, East Maitland, and Bella Vista, Newcastle
– Have the wedding you want to have, not the wedding other people think you should have
– If you’re offered money to help with wedding costs, ensure a) that it’s in your bank account before you spend it, and b) it doesn’t come with strings attached. If you take the offer of money from parents/grandparents/whoever, are they going to expect that that means they have a say in the wedding?
– Create a separate e-mail account for wedding-related stuff. That way it’s all in one place, easy to find, and if you do end up getting spammed mercilessly on it, you can forget about it after the wedding and not have to deal with it forever.
– Don’t ask your bridal party too soon! No more than a year before the wedding. Friendships and relationships change and there are so many stories of brides saying “I asked her to be a bridesmaid and now we’ve fallen out, what do I do?”
Post # 19
It’ll be a whirl at the beginning booking venues and telling people then a lull until about 2-3 months out. Then you’ll blink and it’ll be there in a rush of payments and plans. Get everything you can out of the way in advance.
Post # 20
Ooohhhhh! So glad you posted a ring pic! I love it, Bee! Your ring looks super sparkly and very unique.
Post # 21
Figure out your budget and stick to it. Each write the 3 most important things to you both on a bit of paper and spend the money on those things! Plan well and everything will be fine. Try not to get too stressed.
Post # 22
Enjoy your engagement. Dont plan anything wedding for a couple months and just enjoy this precious happy moment.
Way too many people jump into wedding planning and it seriously takes away from this entire thing.
Post # 23
Thank you! Im obsessed. I love that it is a pear and a three stone! It makes it unique <3
Post # 25
Aw, I love your ring, it’s so delicate and pretty! I actually don’t think I’ve ever seen a three stone with a pear in the middle.
For the engagement period: Don’t be too hard on yourself if you go through a bit of an emotional roller-coaster (“I’m so excited! I hate this! My fiance is perfect! Oh my god, how can I live with this person forever! I love peonies! Peonies are the devil’s flowers!!”). Breathe. Read books. Take warm baths. Don’t spend too much time on this site….
For after the wedding: Send out thank-you notes in a timely manner, otherwise your guests will freak out wondering if they got lost in the mail 🙂
Post # 26
Congrats!! My advice is enjoy the engagement bliss before the wedding planning begins. Don’t rush!
My #1 advice is elope or just go to city hall and plan the honeymoon of your dreams after lol. Planning a wedding has been the most stressful time of my entire life. If you definitely want a wedding then here are some tips:
-It’s YOUR day. I cannot stress this enough. People will try to take over or influence your decisions but stick to your guns. You cant please everyone and it’s not about them, its about you and your fiance. I wouldn’t even tell people about what you’re planning because everyone has an opinion and it gets incredibly frustrating.
– Get super organized, excel spreadsheets saved my life! I don’t know how I would have managed everything without it.
– If you can hire a planner then definitely get that help
– This goes back to the first point but don’t be afraid to say no. People may try to invite themselves or family may want to bring random guests and put you in an awkward position.
– It’s super easy to get lost in planning madness and stressed, take time to relax as you need it, breathe and remember what’s important and what this whole process is really about.
– People will ask you “hows the wedding planning going” every single day of your life until the wedding so just bear with them LOL
– Budget budget and budget some more. Besides all the main expenses there will be a lot of little things that will pop up and they definitely add up.
Congrats again & I really hope everything goes smoothly for you. Your ring is beautiful! 🙂
Post # 27
I got engaged 2 weeks ago. My advise is to enjoy your engagement and don’t let people rush you into the wedding plannig stage, unless you want to. Just enjoy this time with your fiance!
Post # 28
Congratulations! Try to focus on those who are there for you. Don’t be too demanding but do be decisive. Enjoy! Do not let anyone ruin it. It’s not just your day and it’s not the most important day but it is AN important day for you.