(Closed) I just got my Lazaro 3217! Gorgeous but terrified of the mermaid shape

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
675 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

That dress is absolutely beautiful!!  I would probably need to see a picture of you in the dress, but I don’t think anything needs to be changed.  But at the end of the day it’s what you want and feel comfortable in.  

Post # 4
556 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Honestly I have the same problem!!! My dress comes mid thigh and it’s too sexy for me. I am bringing the skirt up about to the hip bone area to make it more fit and flair. But honestly ur dress is gorgeous and I wouldn’t even consider it a true mermaid!! Whatever u decide I hope YOU are happy with it!! 

Post # 5
3341 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

I don’t think you can alter that dress to become a ballgown.  The silhouettes are just too different for that drastic of a change.

And BTW, that is a GORGEOUS dress, and I think you would look amazing in it!  I thought I couldn’t pull off a mermaid silhouette and then fell in love with one anyway.  It ended up being perfect.  You’re probably being more critical of yourself than you should be.

Post # 6
110 posts
Blushing bee

Why don’t you post some pictures of yourself in the lazaro mermaid dress?

Post # 7
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Bartram's Garden

Oh, i love this dress so much!  I think you should embrace your body and rock the dress as is!  Really, with all the accessories and such, it’s not that “sexy”

Post # 8
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@KHarm004:  I think it is fine,and is not as form fitting as your traditional mermaid. But even if it was, you probably have a really nice figure and may regret it later if you don’t show it off a little on your big day!

The topic ‘I just got my Lazaro 3217! Gorgeous but terrified of the mermaid shape’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors