(Closed) I just spent $1,600 on a vacuum….now questioning it. What vacuum do you have?

posted 5 years ago in Home
  • poll: How much did you spend on your vacuum?
    We bought a $200 or less vacuum and we really like it! : (109 votes)
    49 %
    We bought a $200 or less vacuum and we are sooooo NOT happy! : (6 votes)
    3 %
    We purchased a mid-level vacuum and we hate it ($200-$600)! : (4 votes)
    2 %
    We purchased a mid-level vacuum and we are very happy with it ($200-$600)! : (81 votes)
    36 %
    We shelled out the big bucks and it sucks (not in a good way) $600+ : (2 votes)
    1 %
    We shelled out the big bucks and it sucks in a good way (i.e., you are happy with it) $600+ : (20 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 61
    356 posts
    Helper bee

We have a Dyson – worth every penny!  And even though it wasn’t cheap, it was still way less than what you spent on yours and it is amazing.  

Post # 62
    982 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

madeline2017:  we’ve got a Kirby. But it was a purchase my Darling Husband made before we’d even met.  A door to door salesman caught him at home after a few beers, lol, he caved.  But, I love how well it works.  I love that it can also shampoo the carpets.  It’s awesome for cleaning up after a dog, a cat and a bird.  The only thing I hate is that the hose isn’t attached so every time I want to switch to the wand, I’m on the floor disconnecting the beater bar, pulling off the front, reconnecting the hose and THEN I can get back to it. 

All that said, whenever it bites the dust, I wouldn’t buy it again.  I know there are awesome vacuums available for way less money.

Post # 63
    2968 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

madeline2017:  I have a Dyson that my husband’s grandmother insisted on getting us as a housewarming present like 5 years ago. It’s just MEH and I don’t know if it’s worth the money. I think my mom’s Eureka was better, and I probably would’ve bought a shark or something.

I would return it- for that kind of money you could have several vacuums with different functions.

Post # 64
    3697 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I love my Kirby, no regrets.

Post # 65
    626 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

My miele vacuum is awesome. Paid around $380 on sale (AUS dollars). It’s a German brand. 

Post # 66
    4943 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I have a Shark. We were originally going to get a Dyson, but this particular Shark had better reviews than the Dyson (in fact some people ditched their Dyson for this Shark) and was less expensive. I think it was $150-$200. 

I’d love a Kirby one day though.

Post # 67
    1936 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

Always had HVAC the vaccum of vaccums lol

Post # 69
    1272 posts
    Bumble bee

I bought a refurbished Dyson for $150. Never had any problems with it. My only regret is that I can’t use a carpet freshner with it.

Post # 70
    9456 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2016

I just don’t have carpets… just area rugs I can replace every few years and a $50 dirt devil vaccuum.

Carpets are nasty, as PPs have pointed out–you can run any vacuum over and over and over and it’ll always pull out more stuff.

The topic ‘I just spent $1,600 on a vacuum….now questioning it. What vacuum do you have?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors