(Closed) I just spent $94.91 on birth control….

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
1941 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hey weekend twin! You’re officially at 5 months to go – yay!

We actually haven’t been on BC since Sept of 2010; we moved from SoCal to NorCal right when my prescription expired, and I’d need a pap to get a new prescrip. Since I hate ‘lady doctors’ I haven’t been back, so we’ve just been doing the pull ‘n pray LOL!

PS – I thought BC was supposed to be free starting 2012?

Post # 5
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Juliepants:Wooohoo for you guys! Soon you’ll be Julienopantsdance πŸ˜‰ lol. We’re not TTC for a couple of years, but I drop my pills in 3 more packs and switch to FAM. So I can at least celebrate the no more pills part with you πŸ™‚

Post # 6
1346 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Wow I spend $70 for just a 3 month supply!!!

Post # 9
1346 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@Juliepants: There are other pills available that are less expensive but Ive gotten pregnant on a pill before so I had to get a stronger one and ATM im worried to change as the wedding is in 10 months! So Ill have to buy another 3 packs then I can change πŸ™‚

Post # 10
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Yay that is so exciting! I think we are going to start TTC in early 2013, I have enough BC packs to last me until the wedding, then I’m done! Can’t wait to not have to take them anymore.

Post # 11
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

It is so exciting, isn’t it?! I just finished my third last pack of BCP last night. Seven weeks to go until I finish the last pack!

Our plan, at the moment, is for me to come off BCP when I finish my last pack, and then chart for a month or two before we start to TTC. It is all I can think about at the moment!

ETA: Have been taking prenatals and fish oil, along with my usual vitamin D for the last month or so. Already work out quite a bit, but knowing that we’re going to TTC in the spring is motivation to get in extra good shape.

Post # 12
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I just got off the pill a few weeks ago in preparation to start TTC late this year. I’ve been on the pill for over 10 years so I’m not sure how long it will take my body to regulate itself. I wanted to be able to know my cycle already once we were ready to start trying. So far, it’s suuuucked coming off the BCPs, so get ready for some fun. I’ve also started taking a women’s multi vitamin and I’m keeping up with an exercise regimen to maintain my weight. Aside from that, we’re just planning to save save save!

Post # 13
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Juliepants: oh wow, I get 4 packs at a time and I only pay $14….guess I can’t complain, lol!!

We are getting married July 7th and I will be stopping the pill mid-way during the honeymoon…. Our original plan was to get off the pill before the wedding but the unknown side effects is what is making us wait….. like being on my cycle during the wedding/honeymoon, acne, etc…… but we are SUPER EXCITED and can’t wait!!!

Congrats and good luck!!

EDIT: To answer you other question, I have been taken prenatals, hitting the gym (for the wedding as well) and I had my visit with the doctor to discuss a few things…..so we are ready, lol!

Post # 14
2825 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I haven’t talked to Fiance in depth about this in a few months, but if all goes well this year (financially) we will be starting to think about TTC next year.  But I am getting off BC right after the wedding, we will use condoms for a while then use charting once we are OK with the possibility of an “oops”… But we both agreed that letting my body figure out what it’s supposed to do without hormonal birth control was the best thing, I’ve been on some form of BC for close to 10 years and I want my body to have a break before we introduce pregnancy into the mix… and we want to just enjoy being married for a bit. πŸ™‚

Congrats all you 2012 TTC’ers!!

Post # 15
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Hooray! So exciting to be in the “homestretch” of the BC countdown. πŸ™‚

I have not been on the pill in years… I actually got pregnant with my son while I was using BCP… Hmm πŸ™‚ So that’s why I ended up going with Mirena after I had him.

We are already TTC, so I’m not a late 2012’er. I am being food concious, eating breakfast (which I hate to do), cutting out caffeine, hitting up the treadmill, and taking pre-natals.

While the doc stated we could start Clomid (fertility drug) now due to my PCOS, Fiance and I decided we are taking the natural route until about June πŸ™‚ If we still haven’t gotten a BFP by then we will start up Clomid.

Post # 16
5118 posts
Bee Keeper

@Juliepants: ;0) Hehe. Those were our reasons for me getting off the pill as well. After 9+ years on the pill, I wanted time to get used to my natural cycles and let my body work out the hormones well before we’re working on baby-making. I’ve read TCOYF, and I’ll be reading it again before the wedding so all the rules are fresh in my mind for when I drop the pill. I cannot wait!

@o0olibelulao0o: Looks like we’re in the same boat. Here’s hoping we’re good charters with lots of self control πŸ™‚ Hahha.

The topic ‘I just spent $94.91 on birth control….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors