(Closed) I just spent $94.91 on birth control….

posted 10 years ago in TTC
Post # 32
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Juliepants:  Date twin! We are going to try starting in July I think. I’m just not sure–living in Wisconsin, I definitely don’t want a winter baby!!! I would love to start after we get married (like within hours) but since we already have a 3 year old…we are trying to be a bit deliberate. I’m so excited to start though! My superhero son was unexpected and the dad left me at 9 weeks preggo, so even though I have one, this will be a new experience for me (to do this WITH someone). I think it’s just as exciting as the first time around, cept I have the C-Section scar already 😉 lol

Post # 33
180 posts
Blushing bee

@Rouquine:  I read every book my library had when I was pregnant with my first child, and I was so glad I did. Some say it makes them more anxious, but it really made me feel better about pregnancy in general. I am all for that!

Post # 34
5243 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@andilene:  What books would you recommend?

Post # 35
180 posts
Blushing bee

@Rouquine:  I really like Jenny McCarthy’s first book–I can’t remember the name of it right now. But I think it was called ‘belly laughs’? Anyway, it was really good and more down to earth view of pregnancy. I loved What to Expect…. (which I hear they have a movie coming out this May with the same name as the book). This will sound crazy, but one was a super scientific pregnancy book from my library, I wish I had never taken it back LOL because it had the best pictures of what the baby looked like/was doing at each week and good charts too. I was poor at the time, so all my books were from the library and I highly suggest checking a few out before purchasing because some are not that good. I think the book I liked so much was called “pregnancy” by a DR, like ‘you and a baby’ or something like that. It’s been 4 years :-/ And Frankly Pregnant was good too. I went for more open books that don’t scare the shit out of you but still give you the facts. And sometimes reading books like Belly Laughs and Frankly Pregnant doesn’t make you feel quite so crazy (this was the case with me, at least)

Post # 36
5243 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@andilene:  Thank you! I will look into all of this.  I know certain bees mentioned to check out What to Expect Before You’re Expecting.  I think that’ll be the first ones I read. =)

Post # 37
180 posts
Blushing bee

@Rouquine:  I really enjoyed it but you know if I remember correctly it does it by months not weeks? I was way too impatient (and a super quick reader) to wait for a month after I finished the current one! I had to have other things to read too. After I had DS though, I didn’t read any child-rearing books. I went by instinct and as my dad likes to say ‘good sense’. So far it’s worked well. At his 3 year checkup (which was quite late–January, and his bday was in August) his nurse and doctor both raved at how well he enunciates and how much he talks…although I say that’s a family problem rather than a blessing LOL 🙂 But I had to have him by ER C-Section :-/ high blood pressure

The topic ‘I just spent $94.91 on birth control….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors