(Closed) I know it is super early BUT December 2016

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 181
10 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone here 🙂

How far along are you? 10 weeks and 3 days
What number will this baby be for you? 1 (yippee!)

When is your due date? According to Doc, around Dec 3rd

How many cycles have you tried? 2

When did you see your BFP? Easter Monday

Have you told anyone? How did you tell them? Told the hubby Christmas would be more expensive this year, and shoved a pee stick in his face. That afternoon we were going to lunch with his folks and I had my fill of sushi for the next while! I had to tell two close colleagues at work as work roles are shifting in the next two months. Oh, and my oldest friend (we’ve known each other since we were 6, so 29 years!)

When and how do you plan on revealing your pregnancy to others? We want to wait until 12 or 13 weeks to tell close family and other friends. I feel really guilty not telling our folks yet, but I couldn’t bear the disappointment if something happens.

Are you hoping for a singleton or twins? Boy or girl? Its definitely a singleton, according to 8.5 week scan

Symptoms? Sore boobs since ovulation, nausea, some cramping, general yuckiness and appetite loss since 5.5 weeks, a bit of moodiness and backache. Oh, and I’m asleep most nights by 8.30! Ligament pain if I sneeze, get up, stretch too quickly.

First appointment? Yip, and got to see the little jelly baby. Couldn’t hear the heart (machine sound issues) but could see the pretty rapid fluttering 🙂

Finding out gender or staying team green? I’m easy either way, but hubby keen to find out.

What are your hopes for this pregnancy? That Sprog will stick around and be totally healthy. I’ve also just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes so have to get used to testing blood sugar 4 times a day- I desperately don’t want diabetes to be in my future after baby is born so I’m trying to control blood sugar with exercise and diet now and nip it in the bud. I also have Grave’s Disease/post-surgical Hypothyroidism so I am on meds and being monitored for that. My new obsession with Doctor Google is scaring myself and worrying about prenatal tests and screening for all sorts of issues 🙁

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  joburgbee.
Post # 182
150 posts
Blushing bee

winterwoodlandbride15:   Yay!! That’s awesome

Mine did not go as great. I’ve maintained I think my due date is a week later (getting Jan 2-5, depending on the website) based on my O date, so I anticipated not measuring a week behind. The tech agreed I was not measuring for a 6 week pregnancy, my doctor called yesterday and was concerned because he felt he should “see more” than what he saw. I don’t really know that means. He said it could be a miscarriage or I’m right & am I’m not as far as they expected. He said there’s not much they can do for another week as far as another ultrasound, so I had bloodwork yesterday to check my numbers. Still having all the symptoms, in fact my nausea is more this week than it has been, and last night I took another test last night and it was just as dark as before, and my spotting even stopped over the weekend and I was feeling really good about that. Should hear back from them by tomorrow on where my numbers are at & where to go from here, but kinda bracing myself for bad news. but praying for my little bean!

Post # 183
2697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

beebee27:  I’m sorry! That’s stressful! I was in the same situation last week.

I went in for an u/s at 6w based on LMP. My OB only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, I was concerned. He said it’s either 1. too early or 2. not a viable pregnancy. The only thing we could do is wait a week and see.

I went back on Monday and everything was great! I was just behind… which I should have figured out earlier because I had long cycles, but oh well. Hoping all works out well with you too!! 🙂

Post # 184
298 posts
Helper bee

Glad to hear that winterwoodlandbride15! Fx for you beebee27 think positively!  My first appointment is still a week away may 20. I will be 8w1d based on lmp. After speaking to a friend of mine who used the same doc she said he won’t do any type of scan until closer to 12. I am so anxious to wait that long I am going to tell him how nervous I am and ask if he could please do some type of scan prior to then. I understand wanting to wait to make sure there is more to see but I feel like at 8 weeks they would be able to pick something up. A friend of mine just had her 9 week scan and you could clearly see a mini baby in there. The wait is killing me!

Post # 185
234 posts
Helper bee

Very cautiously joining this board and would love to be part of the facebook group. I am currently 8w4d. I have had two previous miscarriages so we are hopeful this is our rainbow baby.

Around 5 weeks I was diagnosed with a subchrionic hemotoma- I was bleeding. it has been scary and dealing with this has been so stressful. So far baby is growing and doing well and I am hoping this bloodclot will pass or be reasorbed.

Please send me the facebook info!!

Post # 186
150 posts
Blushing bee

winterwoodlandbride15:  I’m holding onto hope that’s my situation, too! I got a call right after I wrote my update, doctor said my hcg levels were 15,000 which he said is good however with the numbers being that, he expected “more” on the ultrasound. When I got the scan, the tech asked me lmp and how long my cycles were and I told her they’re 32 days and I O between CD19-21. She was like, “ohhhh! Yeah that makes sense, this isn’t 6 weeks yet.” So I had thought nothing of it, and now my doctor is saying he’s “pessimistic”. I guess I’m confused as to why my numbers would be fine and my symptoms getting worse but there’s no baby. Sigh. I go back for more bloodwork Sat and then we’ll go from there next week when they get the results in.

MrsJet:  thanks! Hopefully the doctor will let you get a scan! It’s so hard to wait and especially when you’re worried…every day just drags by.

mrsm42712:  Congrats! Ugh, that’s such a stressful situation! Hang in there. I was spotting too, I have a polyp on my cervix that we think was causing it. Glad to hear your little babe is doing well..hope everything continues smoothly for you. FX for your rainbow!

Post # 187
234 posts
Helper bee

beebee27:  thanks! I hope everything turns out great for you 🙂 I have had a lot of ultrasounds and it is crazy what a difference a few days makes. When i was 5 w 4d they could only see sac and yolk sac and then a week later there was heartbeat. What were they seeing on your 6 week ultrasound?

Post # 188
2697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

beebee27:  That is weird! My doctor seemed disappointed at my scan with nothing too. I cried, I felt awful. I hope everything works out well for you and you’re just later! I had 32 days cycles too, all of the normaldating is based on a 28 day cycle, and like PP said soooooo much can change in just a couple days!

Post # 189
150 posts
Blushing bee

winterwoodlandbride15:  winterwoodlandbride15:  Just wanted to update everyone! I had my numbers run again witha blood test on Saturday and they doubled! So this is good news and my doctor has changed his tune and is now “cautiously optimistic”. (considering he basically told me last week he really thought I was miscarrying) So now I have an appointment for a 2nd ultrasound later this week. If I go by this one perinatology website (which asks for more info like cycle length and what not), it says I’m 6w5d today and my edd would actually be Jan 5. So I guess we’ll find out for sure on Thursday. What a roller coaster :\ Thanks for all the kind words!

Post # 190
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Hi all! I’d been on these boards a bit before my Darling Husband and I got married last fall and then got busy…decided to poke around and found this post so I thought I’d say hi!

How far along are you? 8w6d (I think)

What number will this baby be for you? 2 (technically 3 as I also have a step daughter. This is my first with DH)

When is your due date? If my calculations are right (probably not), December 21st

How many cycles have you tried? 0? I had my IUD removed at the end of February because it’s time was up. We weren’t actively trying but weren’t trying not to either.

When did you see your BFP? 4/19

Have you told anyone? Darling Husband, our parents/siblings, close friends, my boss and my direct reports (symptoms were making it hard to function as normal for a bit and I wanted to give my boss as much time as possible to line up a replacement for me)…and we saw some of DH’s family we rarely see this past weekend and he couldn’t keep his mouth shut. (We are terrible secret keepers!)

When and how do you plan on revealing your pregnancy to others? We haven’t decided how we’ll announce on social media or anything yet.

Are you hoping for a singleton or twins? Boy or girl? We have a boy and girl already, so it doesn’t really matter. We’d prefer a singleton but keep joking because twins run in his family.

Symptoms? Sore boobs were my first sign, as well as cramping and severe exhaustion. The nausea kicked in about a week after I found out and it has been awful, I finally got on some prescriptions because I was dry heaving every morning and having a hard time getting to work! The nausea is manageable now with the medication but the exhaustion is still killer. I had zero symptoms with my son so this is all new!

First appointment? 5/25! Still feels so far. It was originally scheduled for 5/18 but Darling Husband is traveling for work this week so we pushed it back so he could be there.

Finding out gender or staying team green? Finding out.

What are your hopes for this pregnancy? That these symptoms go away or at least get better! That the baby is healthy and the pregnancy goes smoothly. And that my DNA wins the battle at least a little! Darling Husband and I both cloned ourselves with our kids from our previous relationships, so the battle is on with this one! 🙂

Post # 191
150 posts
Blushing bee

So good news ladies! Had my 2nd ultrasound today & baby is measuring 7w1d, edd changed to Jan 4…..exactly where I’ve been saying all along to my doctor. Thanks for all the encouragement! 

Post # 193
298 posts
Helper bee

Hi Bees – Dh and I went for our first prenatal appointment yesterday.  Everything went well they talked to us a lot and gave us a lot of info to bring home and read through. They did a pap and bloodwork. He also scheduled me for a ultrasound. It’s going to be done by a 3rd party so I called to schedule the appointment and I go Thursday. I will be exactly 9 weeks! Knowing that it is a 3rd party I know they won’t be able to tell me anything which kind of bums me out. Does anyone have experience with getting ultrasounds done by someone else and the results sent to the doctor? Will they show me the screen at all while it is being done or are they not allowed to? Also can I ask for a picture at the end or is that also not allowed? Just trying to find out exactly what to expect. I kind of wish they would be able to tell me right then everything looks ok and the heartbeat is —- . Thanks bees!

Post # 194
150 posts
Blushing bee

MrsJet: That’s how mine was. The first time was just an ultrasound tech and she didn’t say anything to me but she did show us the screen. My one last week was at a perinatlogist’s office and she showed us everything and gave us the printouts and pointed out parts and what the heartbeat was and that was normal. Definitely ask for a picture, if they don’t offer one. You’ll probably just get a follow up call from your doctor afterwards to confirm everything. It is SO amazing to see that little heartbeat.

Post # 195
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsJet:  beebee27:  I just had an ultrasound on Friday and, while I don’t have any experience with third-party ultrasounds, I just wanted to echo the sentiment that it’s so amazing to hear that little heartbeat! We got to see the heartbeat flicker on the screen, and hear it for about 20 seconds (I was suprised they didn’t let us listen for longer). We also got four little picture print outs. I would definitely ask for them if they don’t offer. I already can’t wait for the next one! Definitely come back and update us on Thursday! 😀

The topic ‘I know it is super early BUT December 2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors