(Closed) I know it is super early BUT December 2016

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 106
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

BowTiedKangaroo:  you can pm me your email and I can add you after work today πŸ™‚ congrats!

Post # 107
298 posts
Helper bee

Thanks everyone for your help!  I called the doctor today and scheduled my first appointment may 20 – I’ll be 8 weeks.  I asked if they usually bring people in before then to confirm and they said no as long as the HPT is positive thats all they need to know because they are very accurate.  I was  kind of hoping they would say to come in for confirmation I guess it would have eased my nerves a little bit instead of waiting until the 20 but there’s not much they can really do or see before than anyone.  This is my first positive pregnancy test so it still doesn’t feel real and I feel like a nervous wreck.  I am going to test again tomorrow morning to see how the line progressed. 

I would love to join the FB group but don’t have an account just now.  I left all social media a few years ago but it may be time to get a new account!  Hope everyone has a great day!

Post # 108
298 posts
Helper bee

BowTiedKangaroo – My EDD is 1 day before you 12/29!

Post # 109
2853 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Roll Call

How far along are you? By LMP I’m 4W3D, by ovulation/conception I’m 3W5D. 

What number will this baby be for you? Baby #2! I have a 2-yr old son who was a January 2014 baby πŸ™‚

When is your due date? By LMP it’s December 23rd, by ovulation/conception it’s December 28th. I’m not sure which I’ll go by yet – probably Dec. 23rd because it’s what the pregnancy clinic will use. I’ll update that after my first appointment. 

How many cycles have you tried? This was our 3rd cycle trying. 

When did you see your BFP? I got a POSSIBLE line on Friday the 15th but I thought I might be imagining it because it was SO hard to see. I tested again the next morning and got a BFP on a cheapie, confirmed with a FRER. 

Have you told anyone? How did you tell them? I’ve told all my WB pals I kept in contact with after my son was born (met through the TTC boards last time TTC), and my BFF. We also told my parents via Skype yesterday, since my Dad had a really bad health scare the last couple of weeks and I wanted to give him some good news now he’s on his way out of it πŸ™‚

When and how do you plan on revealing your pregnancy to others? We’ll probably let people know in person or by phone once we’re around the 12W mark, then will announce on FB shortly after. 

Are you hoping for a singleton or twins? Boy or girl? Definitely a singleton. Either would be great, but it would be nice to have another boy – I love being a boy mom and would be able to reuse everything πŸ˜‰

Symptoms? Not  much outside regular TWW symptoms – sore boobs, mild cramping. I’m also tired but that could be because I have a bad cold right now. My guts have been really messed up for a week straight but that could also be stress triggering my IBS (I’ve been pretty worried about my Dad). 

First appointment? No idea. I’ll call next week and go in to confirm pregnancy. 

Finding out gender or staying team green? We’ll find out, for sure. We’re not sure if we’ll publicly disclose the result though. With DS we kept it a secret between Darling Husband and I until birth. 

What are your hopes for this pregnancy?  Probably the same as anyone else – for it to be healthy and uneventful. FX we have a sticky poppet in there. We had an early loss during the 10 months TTC DS so I think I’m hyper-aware of the possiblities and the STATS there. I’ll worry until I bring a baby home. *shrugs*

Is there a FB group set up yet? If there is I’d like to join, please πŸ™‚

Post # 110
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Coastal Maine inn

MrsJet:  New Year’s birthday twins! This timing is hilarious to me, because DH’s birthday is in early December, and mine’s a week and a half after Christmas, so of COURSE we’re having a holiday baby! 

Post # 111
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Coastal Maine inn

Question for everyone! I’m in a wedding a month from now, when I’ll be 8 weeks exactly, if all goes well (knock on wood). No worries about continuing to fit in the dress, but I am a little concerned about dealing with possible symptoms (fatigue, nausea, etc.) while there. It’s a full Catholic mass, so lots of standing! Do you think it would be smart for me to tell my very good friend/co-bridesmaid before the day, so I have someone in on the secret who can help me keep it under wraps while we’re there? Our group is a drink-y one, and avoiding imbibing, even with the usual on-antibiotics excuse, will raise some eyebrows and pique curiousity. 

I don’t want to tell the bride before her wedding – she’s a 3-hour flight away, so we (and our mutual friends, who will also be there) don’t see each other often, and I don’t want any attention directed at me when it should all be on her! 

Is it smart to have a co-conspirator for that weekend, or am I blowing it out of proportion without really knowing how I’ll be feeling?

Post # 112
71 posts
Worker bee

I definitely think it’s smart to have a coconspirator! I did that with my first kid when we were on a week long family vacation and told my SIL. It was so much better because when I was feeling nauseous and wanted to stay back at the cabin instead of go fishing she would jump in and say that she was tired and wanted to stay back, or that she needed my help with dinner or something.

Post # 114
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

pinkshoes:  due date twins!! Yay!!

Post # 115
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

How far along are you? 5w5d

What number will this baby be for you? 1

When is your due date? December 13th

How many cycles have you tried? 9 months, so 7-8 cycles (I have 30-35 day cycles), including one round of IVF

When did you see your BFP? Almost 2.5 weeks ago, at 8DP3Dt (or 11 DPO)

Have you told anyone? How did you tell them?  I saw two lines on the FRER and started screaming “get the fuck outta here” repeatedly. Woke Darling Husband up with my profanity πŸ™‚  Lots of people know, and they found out via text or over the phone. Both families, and all of my close friends. This IVF cycle was really tough, and I needed the support.

When and how do you plan on revealing your pregnancy to others? No specific plan, I am not going to go out of my way to announce anything, but I’ll fill people in as it comes up. 

Are you hoping for a singleton or twins? Boy or girl? I know it’s a singleton – saw 1 sac at my 5w scan. I don’t really care gender-wise, as long as the baby is healthy!

Symptoms? Not really. Had some off and on nausea during week 4 but it went away. I keep waiting for it to come back…

First appointment? I’ve had a lot – 6 beta draws so far, and 1 ultrasound. at 5 weeks where we saw a sac. My IVF cycle was a disaster and fmy RE  thought the pregnancy was ectopic for a few days, so they are watching me closely. No complaints here.

Finding out gender or staying team green? Finding out – I wish I knew NOW! lol

What are your hopes for this pregnancy? Healthy pregnancy, healthy baby. 

Post # 116
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

jfair:  I want in too! I’ll PM you my email now πŸ™‚

Post # 118
298 posts
Helper bee

winterwoodlandbride15 – Yay that is sooooo exciting! How many weeks are you?  I am 3w5d today – still so early I feel nervous.  I have been testing and my lines are getting darker.  I will breathe a sigh of relief when Thursday comes and goes bc AF is due that day. 

Post # 119
6765 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

MrsPuddingface:  Congrats on #2. Have a wonderful uneventful pregnancy. πŸ˜‰

Post # 120
2853 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

candy11:  Thanks honey!! How’s your little guy doing?

The topic ‘I know it is super early BUT December 2016’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors