(Closed) I know Jaxx317 had this moment recently…

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Look at the bright side, no one gets to be in the engagement lime light right now because they have to share it with everyone else.  Hopefully you don’t have to wait to long and then you can post it on FB too.

Post # 4
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

lol i probably would have said it… but i’m a b.tch like that….

eta no such announcements for me because i’m old and all of my fb friends (all 101 of them) are married.. now ain’t that a b.tch.

Post # 5
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

too funny fuschia!!

but girl, i’ve given up on being polite. i’m in full b**** mode these days!!

i had a moment over christmas, though i don’t think my repsonse was taken in the way i meant it if anyone even really heard it.

we were all at the dinner table just finishing our salad course (which is always after the main course, so everyone was full of wine and beer at this point), and somehow the topic of wrestling came up. the older of his two younger sisters was saying something about wrestling her husband (who was sitting next to me), and the younger sister said that wrestling is one of the best things about marriage and how it helps your marriage and blah blah blah. so my Boyfriend or Best Friend was all like “Oh we never wrestle” and i was like “We’re also NOT MARRIED!” and I gave him a bit of a neck roll – eye roll action. but i don’t think anyone got it. oh well! but 2010 is going to be no holds barred ladies!! no more mrs. nice lady!

Post # 6
4023 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

haha! You gotta pull out all stops!!!

Post # 8
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Lol, I would have said it too! I was getting quite worked up leading up to the engagement, poor guy!

Post # 9
4566 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

… I’m going to have to suggest, jaxx, that maybe being mean about it… is maybe not the best way to go about it? It just seems so cruel to me to be mean to him when he’s the man you love, especially when I’m sure he wants to do it the way he feels is right and is comfortable with. Do you really want your proposal to come after you’ve practically forced him to do it, or because he was ready? I know that the more pressure people receive, the more they push back Just something to think about! Tongue out

Post # 10
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Im very VERY VERY frustrated right now.  We have the ring, he says he has a plan, he says he thinks an 18 month engagement period is most appropriate given we want to get married in July 2011.  This means that he would have to propose in early January.  Since he is in med school the only time he has is literally this winter break, which ends on the 4th.  After that is hardcore for a few months and then he has to take the Boards.  But I know he hasn’t moved forward with asking my mom or his parents cause I would know, so no way he is asking this week.   So when the hell is he gonna do it?  UGH!

I CANNOT wait until the Spring; I will literally lose my mind.

I really can’t stand him right now.

Post # 11
1280 posts
Bumble bee

@KM – It’s not about being mean. I’m in no way planning to go around picking fights or proactively berating my man about not doing what he needs to do. Nor am I advocating that other people go around doing the same – you’re right: might not yield the best results. What I’m saying is that it’s about saying what’s on my mind if and when there is an opportunity to do so. If I hadn’t brought up marriage to him 3 months ago, I’d still be in the same position twiddling my tumbs a year from now. It’s not that he necessarily lacks ambition or motivation, but he tends to stop working as hard for something once he feels he’s got it in the bag, so to speak. He needs to know I’m not going to be his girlfriend forever and that he needs to get with the program if he plans to marry me, and I will use any and all methods within my power (be it saying snappy one-liners, making him homemade pasta, buying him awesome gadget-y gifts, etc.) to do so. I’m not telling him he has to propose tomorrow, but he needs some “goalposts” if you will. Does that make sense?

Post # 12
683 posts
Busy bee

I feel your pain. My SO’s school schedule has changed and is all wonky, making it nearly impossible for him to find a job in this market… which means he won’t find a job anytime soon, or propose.

UGHHHHhhhh. We’ll get over it.

Post # 13
1280 posts
Bumble bee

Oh Aubergold – poor dear!! At least you know the ring exists!!! (And at least you have a timeline!). Perhaps a VERY gentle reminder that he needs to be making a call to your ‘rents will do? If he says he has a plan, and you have a rough timeline with your wedding date goal being summer 2011, then I would take him at his word. It seems like it should hopefully all fall into place, but I know that probably doesn’t make you feel any better at the moment…

(((HUGS)))

Post # 14
4566 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Jaxx, it absolutely makes sense! Mr. KM knows our timeline is important cause I won’t move to a new city with him unless we’re married, which means we have to be engaged by the end of February for an early August wedding. And he also knows I won’t do long distance. So… it’s a “get me a ring or lose me forever” type of deal. But I don’t have to worry about that, cause he talks about it more than I do. He’s just dragging his feet on the ring shopping part cause he’s scared of jewelry stores, even though we’re not buying our ring in one at all, just using them to look!

Post # 15
1280 posts
Bumble bee

@KM – jewelry stores are scary places, even for us girls. I went to do some ring recon on my own and felt like i was nearly forced to give this woman my social security # and my passport # just to try on a couple of rings!

but yeah, i plan on having a little come to jesus meeting with him tomorrow night over our engagement chicken dinner to make a more real life plan. 🙂

The topic ‘I know Jaxx317 had this moment recently…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors