(Closed) I need answers, hive! Please help!

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Should we move up the wedding date?
    Yes-your guests will save money and be grateful. The save-the-date isn't so concrete. : (33 votes)
    89 %
    No- The save-the-date already has been sent, therefore people are planning already for August. : (4 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 3
    7173 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

    I would call each guest and let them know (or email, if you communicate with them that way).  I see no reason why you couldn’t move the date now.  There’s plenty of time.

    If guests have already booked flights (which is not likely), I’d offer to pay whatever they have to spend to change the flight.

    Post # 4
    1763 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

    If it works best for you and Fiance then just send a little card with the updated date to guests. I am sure they would understand.

    Post # 5
    2849 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

    I agree that you can change the date as long as you let each guest know what you’re doing. Since your wedding was scheduled for August, I doubt too many have put a lot of thought into travel arrangements yet. 

    Post # 6
    491 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

    I definitely think you should move it up. Since only 30 were sent out, it won’t be too difficult to let them all know of the date change.

    I hate to say this but it seems like you sent your STD’s out pretty early, unforseeable events like this are why you’re supposed to wait a bit! Okay sorry, that was just my two cents, I know there’s nothing you can do about it now. I’m sure everyone will understand!

    Post # 7
    10287 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

    Are you prepared to have a snowy wedding day? I’m from Upstate (Albany area) too, and in recent years it was still snowing through the end of March. With the weird weather we had this year, who knows what winter will bring. I only ask because your visions of an August wedding will probably be very different than what you would get having an April 1st wedding.

    As for the STD’s, I don’t think the date is set in stone but I would inquire to see if any of your guests have already made arrangements to attend in August (i.e. reservations, plane tickets, etc…). If there are no guest issues then I think changing your wedding date is fine. For a small guest list I would probably opt to contact each family personally to explain the situation and inform them of the new details. Simply sending out another STD could be confusing for some. 

    Post # 9
    1660 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

    I think it’s fine to change the date at this point! Just let everyone know as soon as possible.

    ETA: If you think there’s anyone who might have been super “on it” and already booked their flight, you should maybe check with that person first…

    Post # 10
    14657 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

    I wouldnt let the fact that you sent out save the dates stop you if it works out in every other aspect. 

    Post # 11
    4755 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

    You should personally call everyone though.

    Post # 12
    491 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

    Oh, that’s even better then! That way people won’t have had time to make arrangements and have to change them!

    Post # 13
    2362 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

    I would call them as others have suggested and I think it’s fine to change the date – but I would definitely commit to it and make the calls asap so people don’t start making plans!

    Post # 16
    7606 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

    Oh I absolutely hope you end up moving it up.  Good luck!

    The topic ‘I need answers, hive! Please help!’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors