Post # 122
6835 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

@ForeverBirds:  aw thanks lady! 

Post # 123
104 posts
Blushing bee

I just bought a dress online to try on for my wedding… it’s a little non-traditional, but if it looks good on me… this will be the one!

It’s from here, and less than $200! I had an appointment set up at DB, and my maid of honor sent me a link to white/beige dresses at Nordstrom’s to check out. When I saw this dress, I cancelled my appointment. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 124
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Here it is: (Just in case) ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 126
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

What styles are you looking for? I am a the owner of a store that sells bm dresses. I could guide you towards lines to look at. 

Post # 127
573 posts
Busy bee

I bought a vintage dress from Etsy for $80 Australian. Admittedly it is not as fancy as some other dresses but had quite a distinct 50’s silhouette that I love.

I will chop off the long sleeves and am thinking about adding buttons and loops myself but all up it will have cost less than $150- I’d say closer to $200 by the time I buy a slip and make a veil.

Vintage stores and Etsy are another great (cheap) option if you have something vague in mind and are open and willing with regards to details.

Post # 131
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Try http://www.scarlettscloset.com/store/pc/home.asp I purchased mine from there and so did a friend. New Years she post almost all the dress for the price of the year. like $201.40. Shipping is additional . It was suppose to be samples but I couldn’t tell as it looked new . Tags were still attached 

Post # 132
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I went on Ebay!
I needed two dresses, 1 for the court and 1 for the church.
They are preowned, but I don’t mind! these gowns are in perfect condition!

This one was 12 dollars Plus 15 in shipping…so $27 total. I’m gonna shorten it for the court.

And my main dress was $160 with shipping! Also from Ebay ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 133
2031 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Definitely try looking at white/ ivory dresses at Dillards, Norstroms, Lord and Taylor, etc.  Some of them even have wedding dresses- most much less expensive than Bridal salon gowns.  Also, you could try looking at Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses in ivory.  

Post # 136
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I got my dress for $200 at a local bridal boutique!  It was a sample and if ordered new it would have been $1200.  this is from the day I first tried it, I only needed minimal alterations taking in the waist which cost an additional $50.

Post # 138
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@rosegoldie:  I highly reccomend usedweddingdresses.com , I got a custom 1-of-a-kind dress made by a boutique in Ireland for $350 including shipping. You can see it if you look at my threads started, it’s the only one lol. I have the same ideal as you about the dress. I’m not going into debt over it. I’ll only wear it once. My first budget was $100 and then I drank the kool aid. However I’m totaly smitten by the dress and I never thought I’d feel that way about a dress. I want wear it all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘I need help – $300 dress budget’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors