(Closed) I need help with this name change thing…

posted 7 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Go to your bank first. They’ll change your name in their system right away. After that, let your payroll company or hr rep know to change your direct deposit. They usually only need at 24 hours before your next check is issued in order to make the change.

After that make sure you change your name with your health insurance if you have some. That was one I totally forgot about until I was at the doctors!

Post # 4
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

@MrsMcGyro: right on!

i cant believe i didnt think about health insurace! i’ve been married 7 months and luckily havent had to go to the doctor – really need to look into this.

I got lucky – my husband added me to his bank account before i even changed my name…they put me down with my new last name and sent me a card before i had even gone to the SS office – then i proceeded to change it at work which was really easy too. they just have to go into their system (ADP- for us) and change the name. I did recieve a paper check the first time after but i think that is because i changed banks as well.

really need to do my passport too now that im thinking about it.

The topic ‘I need help with this name change thing…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors