(Closed) I need major advice

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 47
4505 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

First, I am so sorry you guys are going through this. I have an uncle with Crohn’s disease, and I know how tough it can be. 

My advice is the same as @mdbee23‘s: have a quick civil ceremony asap, and if this happens again, you’ll be set. 

I think your boss is being kind of a jerk by being such a stickler — if I were in his shoes I’d let you count it as a sick day. BUT, he’s within his rights to be a jerk. As much as I believe that you FH truly IS your family in your heart, he’s not your family onpaper, and that’s what matters to employers. 

Sending good vibes your way & hoping it all works out.

Post # 48
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

As for HIPPA, your Fiance needs to state you as contact person. All the doctors and medical providers can then talk to you about everything. That’s easy.

I also would suggest you have civil ceremony now. In some states you don’t need witnesses. It’s done at the courthouse. This is certainly a very legitimate reason for going this route now. You will feel a weight lifted when you are legally married. Save your dress, flowers, etc for your originally planned wedding.

It will feel so much better when the doctors are talking to you about your husband. It changes everything.

Hugs to you both. I went through a very serious illness with my sister. My advice is write everything down. My son would come to dr appts and take notes on his IPad. It was so much easier than trying to remember everything and convey to other family members. Just a thought.

Post # 49
2492 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I was considered my husband’s common law partner until we were married. Is this different than a domestic partnership? Even our taxes were filed with that marriage status.

The topic ‘I need major advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors