- 8 years ago
- Wedding: February 2011
My Fiance and I have decided to move our February traditional wedding up to next month. There are several reasons for this, one of which is his mother’s health. We wanted to just go and have a private and simple ceremony, then have our reception later, maybe on our original date.
On the other hand, we could throw together something semi-simple. I have a church we can use, I have my dress already (it just needs shortened and I have someone that can do it for me), then maybe we can just go out to dinner with the family or soemthing? Or go to a park and have a gathering and cancel the reception in Feb? Maybe just have the wedding, use my dress, then wear it again for the big reception in February? I am so overwhelmed and confused about what to do! We don’t want to just go to the courthouse because we want to involve our kids and immediate family at the very least.
Any advice? If it seems like I don’t know what I want, I don’t! UGH! We just got a house and we have 4 kids between us, so we are trying to keep the cost down as well.