(Closed) I now pronounce your Mr. & Mrs. James Smith JR.??

posted 9 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I’m in the same exact boat…he’s a Jr.  I don’t know what to do either… anyone else had this situation?  How did you handle it?

Post # 4
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

My dad is a Jr. and they said the Jr. part.  I don’t think it sounds wierd at all!  In fact, I think it highlights the tradition your family has (keeping the name).

Post # 5
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

My brother is a junior … they said "Junior" at the end of the mass … but when they were announced into the ballroom they did not.  I think that was the formal versus informal. Totally up to you. 

Post # 6
2004 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

My husband is a junior too. Our priest said, "I now pronounce you husband and wife"! That circumvents the problem neatly, doesn’t it!

At the reception I asked us to be introduced as Mr. and Mrs. HusbandFirst and Chelsea HisLastname. At my husband’s cousin’s wedding, she also married a junior and they introduced them as Mr. & Mrs. Lastname Jr. I don’t think anyone will be confused either way. They know it’s your wedding!  It’s totally up to you and what you think sounds better.

Post # 8
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

For the reception, I think I prefer the way you mentioned…."introduced as Mr. and Mrs. HusbandFirst and myFirst OurLastname (no Jr.)" 

I believe our ceremony is only going to be, a ‘you are now husband and wife, kiss the bride’ type comment. so that may work. 

Thanks!

Post # 9
2641 posts
Sugar bee

I think at a lot of ceremonies the officiant announces to the guests, that he’s introducing Mr. and Mr.s so and so.  It comes after the "  I pronounce you husband and wife", part.  I don’t think it sounds weird at all to leave "Jr" in.  But I think it’s just something to figure out with your Fiance.

Post # 11
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

oh dear i didn’t even think of that.

my husband’s The Third (his grandpa is Senior, his Dad’s Junior). i think we’ll just… drop it then. haha

The topic ‘I now pronounce your Mr. & Mrs. James Smith JR.??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors