- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
So in a week, I’m hopping on a plane to America for the wedding and today is supposed to be my final dress fitting. Yeah, least week was my final dress fitting, too, and so was the week before that. But I’m hoping this will be the for real last time!
I cannot believe how many alterations they’ve had to do:
- Lower the hem all the way
- Hem still not low enough- sew strip of matching fabric to the bottom
- Let out the hips… three times
- Take in the waist
- Take in the darts at the back
- Take it in at the zipper
- Take it in on bust
- Take in the shoulders… and then let them back out a little ways
- Modify the armholes… twice
I don’t think there is a single part of the dress that escaped the butchery. It’s been pretty horrific. Fingers crossed that today it is finally right because we’re running out of time and I’m running out of money!
Advice to brides still searching for their gown: Here’s how you make a decision. Go into the boutique and ask them which dress is the easiest and cheapest to alter. Try it on. Buy it. Be done with it.
After six fittings, I’ve liked my dress a little less each time and it’s now to the point where I almost don’t even want to look at it or wear it anymore!