(Closed) I resolve to get engaged in 2013!

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013 - Makena Cove

Welcome to the hive! I hope you get your 2013 proposal. I’m hoping to round out the year with one but if not by NYE, early 2013!

Post # 4
395 posts
Helper bee

That’s my resolution! Let’s hope I actually keep it 🙂

Post # 5
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

As long as my SO gets accepted to dental school and his army program, I’m going to be joining this boat too. I want to be engaged before we have to be long distance.

Post # 6
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

My SO and I have talked and decided somewhere around out 1 year it will happen. Details are all in his hands 🙂 I’m a 2013 waiting bee too! 

Post # 7
1979 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I hope 2013 is my lucky year!!

Post # 8
1106 posts
Bumble bee

ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO has told me on multiple occassions that I will have almost 2 years to plan (we have already picked a date (3/14/15), that it will happen before our 3 year anniversary (next September) that it will happen within the year (back over summer he said that) so…. I make that resolution!  I am a buzzing bee and every single fricken day of 2013 until it happens I will be on the hunt! lol (Sorry, it’s late and I’m tired so I act a little silly. lol!)

Post # 9
2497 posts
Buzzing bee

@YesILikePinaColadas:  As much as I hope for a proposal in 2013, I don’t really see how a woman can “resolve to get engaged” if the man is doing the proposing.

So, I hope to get engaged next year and I resolve to continue being a supportive, loving girlfriend in the meantime.

Post # 10
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I’m in!! Ive also been with my SO for just over a year (friends before) but we have been talking about marriage for months. I’m getting the feeling that it will happen around the 2 year mark ( sept 18th ) or My birthday (27th) so fingers crossed September 2013 will be my magic month! Until then ill just keep being the awesome girlfriend I am 🙂 I really hope it happens for all of you.

Post # 11
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center

My SO just told me it isn’t happening on christmas but he said Early Spring, which is the most specific thing he has said in reguards to the ring.

Post # 12
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

We agreed that we would get engaged sometime during 2013. We’ve been together for 4 years. We’ve discussed what types of rings I like and basically the when,what and how is all up to him. I do suspect I will probably know when he’s purchased the ring  though because we live together, share a banking account and I handle most of our finances. Being surprised is really not that important to me, I just want to take that step with him.

Post # 13
1144 posts
Bumble bee

I hope to get one by the end of 2012, but if not I’ll keep my optimism and hope for 2013!

Post # 14
191 posts
Blushing bee

I asked him the other day will we be engaged by the end of 2013. his reply was yes (I WAS JUMPING UP AND DOWN INSIDE!!). but little does he know I have a “Walking Date” come the 1st of July. this is because we have been together for 6 years now. plus we have 2 kids together, so this whole engagement thing is way overdue.

Post # 15
563 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Alexander Homestead

@Booknerd:  Booknerd, this sounds like it is me who typed your post! My SO and I have also decided on a two year plan and just last night when I told him that our anniversary falls on a saturday in 2015 (and we know we want to marry on our anniversary), his reply was “sounds good to me!” so I take that to mean he is OK with that as a wedding date. He also asked me this weekend for my ring size, stone type and metal type so that covers him for having an idea of what to do for the ring so all I’m waiting is for him to make his final move and pop the question! I just made a post earlier today, though, that he refuses to just come out and say that he will propose in 2013 (he is doing all possible to not let on to his plans and he wants it to be a surprise) but I am just deciding that it has got to be this year (in Sept for my 30th birthday at the latest).

Like you, I am a buzzing bee who can’t seem to stop buzzing even if I tried. I just PRAY 2013 doesn’t turn into the longest year of my life!!!! I fear I may actually DIE out of anticipation! I hope he just makes it Valentine’s Day and he just get me out of my misery.

Post # 16
563 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Alexander Homestead

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  I would LOVE him to give me at least a timeframe of “Early Spring.”  I’m left to doing math problems since we picked a wedding date and want a two year engagement. He just refuses to say this year (2013) and said it could be next year, two years, three years, who knows! I understand that he wants to surprise me but he doesn’t understand how it would have been better if he said nothing at all instead of getting my wheels turning like this. Now I can’t seem to stop them!

The topic ‘I resolve to get engaged in 2013!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors