(Closed) I said yes to a Casablanca 2077!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 77
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Ordering My Casablanca 2077 this week….

LOVE THIS DRESS and it looks AMAZING ON EVERYONE!!

Just thought I would ask before I ordered…..

I had my seamstrees measure me and my measurements and two of my measurements are size 6 and one is size 8….

I have about one year until my wedding but I just wanted to know if anyone ordered a size up and found out that there was extra room in the dress to be taken out if needed. 

My meaurements:

Bust 35

Hips 36

Waist 28

Size 6 

Bust 35

Hips 37

Waist 26

Size 8

Bust 36

Hips 38

Waist 27

I look forward to your feed back!! Cant wait to order it πŸ™‚ 

Post # 78
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am so happy I got this dress, but I am having a really hard time picking jewelry to go with it!  Anyone have some ideas?  

Post # 79
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Pouyev:  

@HoyaBear:  

What color sashes and beading do you ladies have? I’m highly considering getting this dress, but it’s so hard to make a choice on the colors when I haven’t seen them all in person! I’ve been looking at everyone’s photos here and trying to figure out what’s what. Thanks for your help!

Post # 80
7 posts
Newbee

Most all the samples are in Ivory, gold beading and champagne “belt” 

Post # 81
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I was just flipping through the channels tonight and I came across the bridal show Something Borrowed, Something New and noticed that the bride tries on our dress!!!! So fun seeing it on tv! If you did not catch it, it is on TLC and will be On Demand in a few days!

Post # 82
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Yay! I just decided on this dress!!!!

I have a question for you all: did you do the custom hem from Casablanca? One dress shop tried to talk me out of it because she said that they’re not always accurate. So if you did the Casablanca hem, were you happy with the result?

So excited to wear this dress!

Post # 83
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I just bought this dress on Monday! I am very excited! It will be in by December and I start my fittings then. My wedding is March 1, 2014.  Mine is Ivory, Ivory sash, silver.  

since it’s in march I want to get myself and my bridesmaids sholes, but I don’t want them to be too fluffy or to look cheap. Any ideas? I’m in Toronto.

Post # 84
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My aunt is making me this beautiful 3/4 sleeve length sweater that is similair to what Princess Kate wore but she matched the slightly fuzzy to the ivory of my dress.  When it is finished I will post my wedding pictures (june 14th wedding)!

Post # 85
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hello ladies! I too bought Casablanca 2077 and I am trying to decide on a veil. Would love to hear what everyone else paired with this dress. If you have pics – I’d love to see them! I’m being incredibly indecisive over this detail! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 86
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hi Ladies, I was wondering if any ladies would be kind enough to upload some close up photos of the dress bodice beading back and front, belt and the pattern on the skirt? It would be greatly appreciated! πŸ™‚ This dress will cost $3000 in Australia and unfornately I cannot afford the real deal so I wil have to get it replicated πŸ™ If you ladies can help me that would be greatly appreciated πŸ™‚

Post # 87
1 posts
Wannabee

I have a BRAND new, never worn Casablanca 2077 For sale!!! Size 6. Please let me know if you are interested! Beautiful dress!!

Post # 88
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@HoyaBear:  I am seriously considering Casablanca 2077, but haven’t found any other pics of the dress on a plus size girl.  Do you have any other pics that you would mind sharing?  I tried the dress on today but the sample was wayyy too small and I’m afraid that it is going to make me look pregnant.  Did you have any issues with the shape of the dress?  Thanks!

Post # 90
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I Ordered my dress last weekend and it is tenatively set to come in the first week in december πŸ™‚ I can’t wait1 I love that cathedral veil and the purple eyeshadow! I have hopefully going to have purple shoes as well. I can’t wait to accessorize this dress!

Post # 91
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@laurenforte:  I am a plus size bride as well. The dress I tried on did not fit me. However, I am using a bridal salon that I have used before for several bridesmaid dresses and I trust their tailors will do an amazing job. It sucks that there are not many salons with abundant plus size samples. There was a dress that I loved there, but I couldn’t even get it over my chest. This one I could at least pull on and get an idea. Good luck with your search!

The topic ‘I said yes to a Casablanca 2077!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors