(Closed) I said YES to the DRESS! Sophia Tolli 2015 Bride

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Golf Course

Sophia Tolli Jillian bride here! I just got the call today that it is expected to arrive mid February!

Post # 19
1295 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
lvbee12:  Do you have a picture of yourself in it?  Again, NO pictures of real brides or the actual dress I can find.. I love the leigh!

Post # 20
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I ordered Phoenix from the spring 2015 line. It looks so much better in person. It will be perfect for our July date and venue. Wish it was here already! All of the dresses posted are gorgeous- I think the Sophia dresses are so flattering.

Post # 21
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I just started earlier this month to try on dresses. The Sophia Tolli Begonia was not on my list (I wanted to see the Tawny but the bridal salon did not have it.) The consultant brought the Begonia and I was taken by surpised when I put it on. I just fell in love, and now it’s a contender!

You look gorgeous in it! It suits you very well. May I ask if you had a though time moving around with it? I found that it confined my legs more than I expected.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by CarolineLefe.
Post # 22
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
SaraJeanQ:  sorry, I dont. It should be coming in very soon though (eeeeee!!!!) and I will try to get some pics. It is such a gorgeous dress!

Post # 25
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

@lalexa01 – Sadly, no. I am not that tall :o(  I’m 5’4 on a good day. I was actually standing on a step stool in the pictures, which made the dress fall nicely. If I do go with the Begonia I’ll definitely be wearing 3 inches heels. What I liked is that at the bridal shop they brought in the seamstress, and as I was wearing heels she pinned the bottom of the dress to show me how it would be altered. It gave me a very good idea of how it would look.

The sample I am wearing is a size 10; the bust fit ok but was a bit loose and I had lots of room at the waist (as she was tying the coset the back panels were almost coming together.) When they measured they said I would need a size 8. The 8 would fit perfectly around my bust and waist and would make the corset looks nice, however it may be a bit snug for my hips (I’m 34-26-39.) Ah! Dilema, dilema!

I’m totally with you on the looks and my Mom was the same way ;o)  As I was trying to manoeuvre in the dress I was “Screw this! I look great! Look at my curves.” Then they put a hoop underneath and it made a big difference. I have a second appointment in mid-January to try it on again and compare it to other gowns, ut it’s a strong contender. It just feel like a party dress!

The essence of Australia one is gorgeous also. I agree that the Begonia was quite light given the style and the details.

Would love to see pictures once your dress is altered or after your big day.

Post # 26
1295 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
lvbee12:  THANK YOU for the link!  You’re awesome ๐Ÿ™‚  Can’t wait to see your photos, I’m sure it will be beautiful.

Post # 27
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Sophia Tolli bride here! I haven’t seen a dress of hers I didn’t like. OP you look beautiful! It’s funny because I couldn’t take any pictures at the salon of her dresses either. Here are a couple of pics of mine once I got it home and I bought it off the rack at half price so I still need to get it altered.

Post # 28
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
SaraJeanQ:  you’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘I said YES to the DRESS! Sophia Tolli 2015 Bride’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors