(Closed) I spent $170 on a hair/makeup trial and HATED IT!

posted 11 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: How many hair/makeup trials did you have?

None

3+

• Post # 17
    652 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

i think 170 is a lot for a trial! i did mine for 120 and thought it was too much already! but i did end up loving my makeup artist so i used her for other events and am comfortable to use her for my wedding day.

i think its really important you be comfortable with your makeup artist, look around and find a reasonably priced for the trials.

Before I booked my makeup person, I looked at tons of websites and read tons of reviews on the person before I booked with her, so I suggest you to look around before you book someone

Post # 18
    148 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

I had one of each (my makeup artist was my sister and my hair by my cousin–both do it for a living) and was leess than thrilled. However, I pointed out what I would like to have done differently for the wedding day and I was over the moon happy with the end results. Feedback and someone who is willing to take constructive comments seriously are a must.

Post # 19
    2 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: June 2009

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that! How aweful! I don’t know where you live (I’m in Seattle), but I had the best experience. If you are in Seattle or New York, you should look into them, his name is Suresh. Here’s his website: http://www.sureshbeauty.com. They have a team of people that are all SO nice and professional. I had a trial w/them 2 months before the wedding and LOVED it. The wedding day was amazing. Suresh is so calm and sweet (and gentle on the eyes, I might add) and his team was so put together. They listened to what we wanted (imagine!) I was shocked and surprised because I had a trial with another makeup girl here in Seattle and she was so demanding, it drove me nuts!

Good luck!!

Post # 20
    7052 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I am still freaking out on the red eyeliner?  omg.  That is unbelievably wrong.

Call the best place in your area and get a hair trial there.  I second the idea to go to a mall and a reputable makeup counter or go see if there is a sephora or ulta within driving distance.  Get their makeup, have a PRO do it for you, and maybe even email them a picture of you first and also how you would like to be (bring an inspiration photo or two with you along) and go from there.

Why not also do a shout out to local bees in your area (general area) and see who they have used for their makeup or hair?

I am sorry this happened to you.  Seriously, i have NEVER seen red eyeliner on anybody before..ever. 

Post # 21
    4 posts
    Wannabee

I am so sorry to hear of your horrible consultation experience. I am an on-site hair and makeup stylist and to me that is just unacceptable.  The consultation is the most important part because it puts you at ease knowing what to expect on your big day.

You might already have someone else lined up, but if not, check out my website CHDRyannMarie.com

I specialize in weddings and formal hairstyling and have done plenty of curls in my day =)

Thanks!

Post # 22
    318 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I didn’t even know they made red eyeliner…

Post # 23
    666 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

I’m glad you found something you like better.  That first place sounded like a nightmare.

The topic ‘I spent $170 on a hair/makeup trial and HATED IT!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors