Post # 1
I think I have the details for my decor and other things down!!
Here is my inspiration board, Pantone pallette, and details:
- Tables: Black table cloths, white napkins, white plates, some votive candles, silver chivari chairs.
- Tall Centerpiece: Tall glass (preferably squarish) with light pink hydrangeas and white dendrobium orchids branching out. Less candles some white petals.
- Petite Centerpiece: White and light pink hydrangea/dahlias pomander. More candles.
- Card table: Large version of the tall centerpiece, but no pink.
- My Bouquet: White and pink dahlias and maybe orchids! More pink than white. Black handle.
- Bridesmaids Bouquet: Similar, more white than pink. Light pink handle.
What do you guys think? Anyone have any other details I may add?
Post # 3
LOVE it! I am doing the same color pink and a mocha color for my wedding next week.
What about adding some type of overlay or runner over the black tablecloth (light pink or white) as it might break up the black a little more?
Post # 4
Your inspiration board is beautiful. I lust after dahlias. 😉
Post # 5
Love this color scheme and flower choices! Very elegant and timeless.
Post # 6
Thanks for the comments! I’m feeling more and more excited about this palette!
There will be a first white tablecloth layer that will reach the floor and a second black layer. I’m considering a damask runner or doily thing on the center…
Post # 7
Check out this post on Bridal Buzz: http://bridalbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/09/pantone-wedding.html There’s some Pantone inspiration pics there.
Post # 8
Another detail you might consider is light pink uplighting and pinspots to highlight your centerpieces. At least one of your inspiration photos has pinspots on the centerpiece and another has light pink uplights.
Post # 9
Pinspots….I hadn’t thought of those! I acutally had to google them to find out what they are lol.
Post # 10
- Wedding: March 2011 - Samuel Lynne Galleries and Marc Events
I love this look! So pretty….
Post # 11
I love your ideas! I’m doing almost the same thing with blush pink and navy. I want to do navy overlays like you’re doing with black, but now I’m worried it will be too hard. Especially after the sun sets. Also, when I told my florist I wanted a navy handle on my bouquet (for my something blue), he said it might draw too much attention to it in a bad way. Are you worried about these things? (sorry, I worry about everything, haha!)
Post # 12
@justeen: Also, when I told my florist I wanted a navy handle on my bouquet (for my something blue), he said it might draw too much attention to it in a bad way.
What does he mean? Something perverted o.0 I’ve seen light flowered bouquets with dark handles plenty times…
Post # 13
Well, I think my florist meant that since my look was all white it would draw a lot of attention to the dark handle. I think he thought people would tend to look at the flowers themselves, or rather my dress, than the handle if the handle wasn’t darker than everything else. I’m sure it’s not bad in a perverted way!
Post # 15
How beautiful! I think the choices will be beautiful!