(Closed) I thk I dislike my dress & bolero & veil & everything… :(

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

All brides get dress regret… but honestly you look beautiful… Just remember why you fell in love with the dress when you first tried it on.

Take a bow, you look GOURGUES!!!!

Post # 5
869 posts
Busy bee

You look beautiful. 🙂

Post # 6
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Wow, your dress is amazing! It looks like it was made just for you, and I LOVE all your accessories they go really well together. You can always take your veil off during the reception, that is what I’m thinking of doing. Gosh, what do you think is wrong with your arms? Seriously, you are perfect. The dress looks better on you then on the model. Dont let anyone get you down, you made a wise choice with your dress.

Post # 7
2951 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I think it matches perfect!

Dont stress over it! you found a perfect combo!

Post # 8
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

i love your bolero – so pretty!

Post # 9
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You look beautiful! The dress, the veil the bolero. I think we all have dress regret.

I don’t think you need the bolero. Your arms don’t look big to me. If you chose to wear it then that’s fine but it shouldn’t be required as your wedding attire. If you love it wear it but don’t feel self consciences about your arms.

As far as your friends and family commenting on the dress….stop showing them pictures of it! During this time you need to only show your dress to positive people! Those that are supportive and considerate of your feelings. Most of us need a cheerleader during this time. For the negative people in your life tell them you want the dress to be a suprise the day of!

Consider how YOU feel about the dress. Don’t let anyone change your mind. Now if YOU are not happy with it, change it! Be happy! It’s YOUR day 🙂

Post # 10
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think that you look gorgeous in the dress and that the veil is what makes the bolero “mesh” with the ensemble.  Keep it all.

Post # 11
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I had dress regret also and it lasted about a week. I felt like I was pressured into buying the dress I picked instaed of the one I had thought I wanted before, and it really bothered me until I realized, so what? I look smashing in my dress and i love it, just like you look BE-A-UTIFUL in your dress, and it is a gorgeous dress.

Post # 12
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

OP, you look lovely, please stop fretting! I absolutely adore the bolero and find it romantic and classic, not “old-fashioned”.  As for the dress, it shows off your tiny waist!  I love the combo together.  I also agree with PPs that you have nothing to be concerned about with your arms, but I know that we all have our areas of self-consciousness.

Trust me, all these friends will think you’re beautiful on your big day!  Everyone has their own opinion about understated, old fashioned, etc……just remember why you picked it in the first place and try not to let others make you second guess yourself.  

Post # 13
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

You look incredibly beautiful!

Post # 14
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I have felt the same way lately… for me, I think it is because I don’t have my dress. It is at the bridal shop so the lady can do the alterations on it. I finally went today and had my first fitting and fell in love with it all over again. Don’t second guess yourself!

Post # 15
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

The whole outfit from head to toe looks beautiful. The bolero is my favorite part. Take a deep breathe and try to relax, honestly it’s stunning! 

Post # 16
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

The most important thing in my opinion is that you feel good/confident/happy in the dress.  I think it is very flattering on you and I have to admit, when you said your mom criticizes your weight and taste I nearly choked.  It’s a beautiful dress and you look great in it!  I don’t know what weight comments she could possibly make because you look wonderful!!! Seriously!!   I don’t think you should be self conscious about your arms what-so-ever!  At the end of the day…it’s your wedding day and there’s ever a day you should have complete say in what you wear, your style, your body, etc…that’s the day. Ignore any negativity and do what you feel is right for you.  Everyone’s taste is different so it’s ok if one of your friends wouldn’t pick the same dress.  In fact–that’s totally normal.  Each of us are unique.  🙂  Keep your chin up and follow your heart. 

The topic ‘I thk I dislike my dress & bolero & veil & everything… :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors