(Closed) I wasn’t prepared for this :(

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 32
Member
147 posts
Blushing bee

I’m glad things worked out for you! 🙂 

Post # 33
Member
1363 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@purplebee: Re. making jokes, I texted my SO last night with a potential wedding date (albeit half as a joke because I know that will wind up but also seriously because I think it’s a great date for us – 3 years from now) and he texted back just now “have to get engaged first LOL”…… I just replied, “Okay!”. Perhaps it’s different because he will know I was mainly joking with him but I just thought I’d try and let you know it’s not just your SO who jokes about it without following through. HOWEVER, sounds VERY much like your proposal is now finally in the works, so congratulations for you for when that time comes soon and try to enjoy being bf and gf for a teeny bit longer until then!

Post # 34
Member
5408 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m so glad things worked out for you (: Congratulations on all the progress! That’s so exciting!!

Post # 35
Member
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I would tell him how you feel about the ring spec and affordability – if being engaged sooner means you forego the more expensive ring – then tell him.

I have to applaud his honesty for telling you the funds just arent there at the moment – at least now you know why the ring in your original post was not purchased – now you can move on from that and work out something with your SO that you BOTH feel happy with.

Personally a smaller ring today = a bigger wedding tomorrow, and life is too short to be waiting.

Post # 36
Member
6255 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
@purplebee: Wow, that is a TOUGH call. My instinct is, if you find a 1.51-carat at a really good price, go ahead and go for it. Not because it’s an investment (the vast majority of commercial diamonds are not) ,but more because it will save you the money of “upgrading” your stone later.

If it’s not a good value, though, go ahead and go with the smaller one. Too big a difference in the price of the 1.5ct and the 1ct and you may regret not spending that money on the wedding. (If your budget is already squared away, though…go for it!)

The topic ‘I wasn’t prepared for this :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors