(Closed) I went dress shopping for the first time today and the verdict is…

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress is your favourite?
    Anoushka G Chantele beaded deep v-neck : (14 votes)
    4 %
    Jenny Packham Eden beaded sheath : (69 votes)
    19 %
    Sassi Holford Millie lace fit and flare : (138 votes)
    39 %
    Blue Summer Rose tea-length : (133 votes)
    38 %
  • Post # 17
    196 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

dress number 4 all the way, it is just stunning on you. It looks so classic, yey fun! 😀

Post # 18
    42 posts
    Newbee

Okay here is what I think =P 

Dress 1) Unique, but I don’t really like the silver lines running down the top. I don’t know, just something about it is off.

Dress 2) Love, Love, Love! The sleeves are so pretty and the dress is so whimsical and pretty.

Dress 3) I don’t really understand why this is the favorite of the poll. I mean there is nothing wrong with it just seems like any other wedding dress. Like you can see that style of dress all over, by many diffrent designers on many diffrent brides. I guess what I am saying is while its pretty, its not very unique compared to others. Which may not be a problem to you ofcourse! I just like unique dresses.

Dress 4) This is the one I voted for simply because you look adorable in it. It just seems to suit you =) I love tea length dresses and I think it will fit perfectly into your theme and venue.

Post # 20
    129 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I think you shouldn’t be insecure about your body at all! I love both 3 and 4, I think you look the happiest in number 4, maybe that means something? Number 2 I think is not as flattering on you like the others. About number 1, I agree is not very bridal -y

Post # 21
    2903 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011 - Midland, TX

#3 or #4!!!!

Post # 22
    389 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I’m so torn between the last two dresses!

Post # 24
    27 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2011

These gowns are all so refreshing! You have a tough choice to make. I love #1 because it so different from all the other bridal gowns out there, you look great it in, and it’s stunning, BUT if you want a more “bridal” option the other three are lovely! Out of the other three, I slightly prefer the lace fit and flare (#3) and then the tea length (#4); I think the structure of these gowns really works for you! You look great in them and they’re all beautiful. 

Post # 25
    2575 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

The last dress.

I  am a little concerned with your poor body image. You have a great figure- I don’t get what there is to be insecure about.

Post # 26
    11267 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @NearlyWife  i felt the same way, confused.  i really loved a lot of them and all so different.  i ended up picking the dress that made me feel pretty. 

Post # 27
    3580 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I actually gasped when I saw #4.  It’s darling!

Edit – I looked at it again, and I would probably shorten it to just below knee length as it looks like it’s too long on you.  That could be the angle of the photo though.

Post # 28
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
    @NearlyWife  Me too… why do we do that to ourselves?  The Jenny Packham is very unique and runs a close second, but my vote goes the tea-length.

ETA:  I’m sorry if I sounded like a scolding parent… I was really surprised to read it.

Post # 29
    1091 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

For your theme, either the second or the third would work. I’m not a fan of the shape of the last one- it makes you look like a little kid playing dress up.  The first one doesn’t look like a wedding dress, IMO- it might be workable for like a New Year’s Eve wedding, but not a garden party.  The second one is my hands-down favorite- it is so different and special, and you could always add a slightly wider belt situation (honestly, I’d consider that.  That one is SO thin it almost detracts from your waist because it makes the fabric billow funny. I’d consider something about an inch to two inches wide if you can).

The lace dress is beautiful, and very, very traditional.  If that’s what you’re going for, that would be the right choice. If you’re going for different and off-beat, number 2 hands down.

Post # 30
    238 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

The neckline on that last dress is awesome. Kind of Audrey Hepburn-ish. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the dresses you posted, as they all looked amazing on you, but the last one is definitely my favorite out of the four.

Post # 31
    58 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Number 4 hands down!!! I love all these dresses, and you are gorgeous and look great in them all. But you look so comfortable in No 4. IMO 1 and 2 are beautiful but (even though you are really slim) are the kind of dresses that one needs to hold their tummy in all day. 3 is lovely but a bit like lots of other dresses. 4 is divine!! I want it!

The topic ‘I went dress shopping for the first time today and the verdict is…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors