(Closed) Ice Luge/Martini Bar and my $500 obsession

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 3
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’ve been seeing them on platinum weddings and they are awesome!!! I went to a fratenrity party and it was an ice theme. We took shots off the luge, LOL. Hey, it’s what everyone was doing. Now that I think about it, gross. haha.

I like the mascot idea better than the hearts and names and traditional style.

If you’re doing a lot of martinis, it would be super neat. And $500 isn’t an exhorbant amount to trim off the budget if you want to “justify” it a little. And since you aren’t having a grooms’ cake, I think it’s a neat personalized thing to have. I’d go for it. $500 doesn’t seem like too much to me unless i was already maxing on my budget.

Post # 4
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Is the 500 just the luge? I dunno – if it’s huge, carved into a mascot, AND has a luge on it I think it’d be a huge hit πŸ™‚ i’d do it!! If it were just a sculpture, no.

Post # 6
3125 posts
Sugar bee

promise to take lots of pictures for the hive πŸ™‚

My good friend’s hubby wanted one, too, but she vetoed it, and i think he’s still salty about it. Glad you’re going for it, instead of the cake (which he probably will be too busy to eat) because he WILL get use out of the luge!

Post # 8
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Think you could get a block letter PITT one for less money? The ice sculpting would be a lot simpler, I would assume. πŸ™‚

Post # 9
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think luges are becoming very sophisticated. They are ALL over the Platinum Wedding scene, at least according to WeTV =]. I think they’re very sophisticated and fancy, like what i’d see at a martini bar that I couldn’t afford!

Frat parties aside, haha.

Post # 10
3125 posts
Sugar bee

I think it was just because she was overwhelmed with stuff – he has very expensive tastes – when he talks about an ice luge, he wants to use top shelf martinis and it was definitely more than 500. We also live in FL and depending on the weather that day in spring it could either survive perfectly, or melt faster than you could get use out of it.  If it were just 500 bucks and he would be ok with regular vodka (which really is FINE since it’s absolutely freezing on the way down the luge and you can’t tell whether it’s top or bottom shelf when you slam it) then she probably would have been enthusiastic about it.

Post # 11
3125 posts
Sugar bee

I have fond memories of ice luges in Pittsburgh, by the way. Never tacky πŸ˜‰

Post # 13
3125 posts
Sugar bee

How about the panther AND the cathedral – make him be running down the side! it looks like that in your picture, actually. And don’t they do that on the cathedral with lights? OMG I miss Pitt! πŸ˜‰

Post # 14
4567 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think they’re crazy…and SUPER fun! I can never figure out how they work. I mean, I know in theory but man…

Post # 15
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Yes do it! they are awesome.

Post # 16
3125 posts
Sugar bee

@KMSull… practice makes perfect! Wink not to mention drunk!

The topic ‘Ice Luge/Martini Bar and my $500 obsession’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors