(Closed) Ideas for 1 yr Anniversary Present & plans

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
47190 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

The traditional first anniversary present is paper. The modern is clocks

You could give him a paper clock kit:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060910666/102-1657175-1859331?v=glance

You could write him a short love letter and publish it in the classified section of your local paper.

You could make a coupon blook of things like massage stec that he can redeem at his choosing.

Post # 4
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We’re not Jewish, nor are we religious, but I’m making Darling Husband a sort of anniversary ketubah, in the very loosest definition of the word…more it was my inspiration. I wrote the text to summarize and reaffirm my wedding vows to him. I printed the text on a nice gold paper. The image below is the tree I’m loosely copying (I ordered a parchment-like paper from Papersource, painted the intertwined trunks myself, and painted the roots to be our names. There will be a lot more leaves (maples), that I drew in Photoshop and printed out on red, yellow and orange cardstock. The fall maple leaves were a big part of our wedding, so that’s why I went that direction. When I’m done (I started early because…well, because I’m anal), it’ll be about the size of a poster, and I’m going to have it framed. Instant keepsake, and keeps with the paper anniversary theme. 

Post # 5
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My sister and her husband were married at a restaurant/inn…so on their 1st anniversary the returned there for a romantic dinner.  Is there anything from your wedding day that you could recreate?

Post # 6
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I love these star/sky maps.  You can have one made with the stars that were in the sky on your wedding night.

Post # 7
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2012

boudoir?… Hey it’s printed on paper!!! and is my plan for our 1 year anniversary!

Post # 8
4824 posts
Honey bee

How about just a night of seduction and a romantic dinner- in?

Get a babysitter and either pick up or make a great dinner with his favorite foods. Eat it like a picnic on the floor or set a really elegant table.

Buy “him” some new lingerie, play some nice music, etc…  

Post # 9
7693 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’m getting my husband concert tickets to his favorite band (Wilco). I am going to put the tickets in a frame with a piece of decorated paper in there that says “True Love Will Find You in the End” which was our first dance song and a Wilco song.

Post # 11
643 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I plan on cooking him breakfast in my wedding dress and letting things happen from there 🙂

Post # 12
353 posts
Helper bee

I’m a little late on this thread- but I’m giving my husband a framed print of our wedding vows, with our monogram on top. Since the first year’s gift is paper I think this will be totally appropriate. 

Post # 13
7693 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Theresa90405: thank you! I’m really excited about it and can’t wait to give it to him!

Post # 14
2559 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@sgarrison2: I thought about doing that because we wrote our own vows, plus we’re taking a groupon cruise and going out of town so I won’t have much money to blow – are you having someone do it for you or are you doing it yourself??

Post # 15
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

You could give him a gift certificate (paper) for an anniversary sundial (clock) and do both gift suggestions in one. My husband got me one and we had it made with a date line for our anniversary that the sun follows every year on our special day. It sits on our windowsill in the family room and makes rainbows whenever the sun shines, and whenever we see our daughter playing with the rainbow colors on the floor we remember our special day 🙂

The topic ‘Ideas for 1 yr Anniversary Present & plans’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors